What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Is this an even trade

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 11:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is this an even trade

https://ls1tech.com/forums/florida-c...ite-ss-m6.html

This is my car

and here is the potential trade

pics are of the car without brakes or the new seats and belts. car is dirty in alot of these.

1969 Chevrolet Nova ProStreet/Race car. Nice car
Car is backhalfed with Ladder Link Bars and QA-1 adjustable coilovers, Ford 9 inch with spool and Mosier axles,Aerospace front brakes, Moroso Trick Front Springs and Koni Drag shocks in the front. Has a 5 inch GlassTek bolt on hood. 10 Gallon Fuel cell with a Holley electric pump and Fram filter.
Engine: 383 with 4 bolt main. Scat steel crank, Forged Pistons, Edelbrock performer rpm aluminum heads, Professional Products single plain Intake, Race Demon 750 carb with spacer, Herbert Solid Roller cam and lifters, Gear Drive, Tilton style starter, SFI flywheel and harmonic balancer, Crower Roller Rockers and Stud Girdle with 7/16 studs, Moroso 7 quart oil pan MSD Pro billet distributor, coil. MSD Digital 6 Plus Ignition box
Transmission: TCI Powerglide with Transbrake, 8 inch 4000 stall.

Car has a 8 point cage with Kirky seats and covers, black carpet, B&M prostick with air shifter. Also has a radio and speakers.

Weld ProStars 15X3.5 and 15X12 with M/T Drag Slick 29X13.0X15

New door rubber, window felt, window channel felt, rubber around vent glasses, and trunk rubber.
ALL LIGHTS and Turn Signals work. Has windshield wipers but needs the arms put on to function. I am pretty sure I left stuff off. If you have any questions just leave me a message or call me. Car is really tight. The doors and trunk shut nice and tight. 4074616088

pics do not show new seats or brakes.

http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/1360004194.html
Old 09-11-2009, 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 09-11-2009, 05:34 PM
Teching In

If its what you want... I would do it!!!!
Old 09-11-2009, 06:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ToTheFloor
If its what you want... I would do it!!!!

I mean dollar for dollar.....I love my camaro, but this car is very intriguing too. Was wondering if I was on the shittier end of this deal if I were to do it.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Come on guys help me out! Dollar for dollar...mod for mod....and over all exterior and interior comparisons.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Launching!

If it were me, I would stick with the Camaro.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Always dreamed about having a old school SBC or BBC powered hot rod. That is why it is tempting.....it is a good base for a project.

I do love the camaro though!!! It is my baby!
Old 09-16-2009, 01:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 172 Likes on 119 Posts

Depends on what your intentions are...the 69 won't be comparable in the street to your car. But if your happy just racing it, then the 69 is a good choice. If you want to cruise around more than race, stick with what you have.

Another thing that I consider when comparing new to old is respect from others...always seems like the older cars draw more attention and a lot more respect...just my $0.02.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NW-99SS
Depends on what your intentions are...the 69 won't be comparable in the street to your car. But if your happy just racing it, then the 69 is a good choice. If you want to cruise around more than race, stick with what you have.

Another thing that I consider when comparing new to old is respect from others...always seems like the older cars draw more attention and a lot more respect...just my $0.02.

I want to have a strip car, that I can also cruise. Still have some more stuff to do with the camaro to make it a strip worthly car......i.e. cage, slicks and skinnies.....yada yada yada.

The Nova is already set up to go down the track. Tough choice. I definitely would love to finish the camaro and see it make a wheels up pass!!
Old 09-17-2009, 10:16 PM
Teching In

Thumbs down

keep it movin forward.the technology in your car is far superior to what you may be trading for.if you insist on trading,i would ask for the credentials of the shop that did the chassis work.ask for more details on the motor.i did not even here of any mention on the type of heads.keep in mind if you choose to trade and then decide to want to race this cal in any heads up class,where will it fall in?sorry for all the constructive critisism,but these come into play.btw, what size driver is the nova set up for?see what i mean.

thanks
christian
937 654 0924

btw,im a huge fan of stock suspension cars and symetrical port heads.2 things you will be giving up by trading.i'll stop typing now
Old 09-18-2009, 09:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

That is what I am thinking. The Nova is a nice ride.....the Camaro is my baby though!! Bought it new....and need to see it through!!
Old 10-04-2009, 08:29 PM
Launching!

stick with the camaro its more user friendly and you can drive it everyday .