What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

1999 Trans Am WS6 Procharged

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 09:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Trans Am WS6 Procharged

Hello guys,

Just wonder your thoughts on what some of you guys might think this car is worth. My buddy bought car new in 1999 it currently has 66k miles on it. It has always been garaged and never driven in rain/winter. 5000 miles ago he put a procharger 5psi, gauges, borla, headers, eibach springs, subframes, short throw, Drag radials and a 373 gear on the car. i would like to buy the car but not really sure what a fair price would be. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 539 Likes on 386 Posts

KBB plus 25% of the mods he has invested in it equals a 'fair price' without knowing the condition of the car. 'Garage kept' doesn't describe the condition if the car was abused daily since the mods were added. Now if the car was in very good shape overall then use the KBB 'private party' value as your guide. If he says that isn't a fair price then he will soon learn that most everyone only gets a fraction back of what they put into a car. A seller rarely gets half so that is why I mentioned 25%. If he insists on a little more then that then it is up to you and how much you want the car with the mods he has done. If he doesn't believe you then have him look at the 'sticky' posted on top. If he still says 'no sale', then look elsewhere. Don't overpay!
Old 03-29-2010, 08:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He told me tonight that he wants 15k. Car has been built for 3yrs and has never been to the track or beat on daily. It is in amazing condition. Thank you for responding.