What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2004 Black GTO, what's it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 04:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Black GTO, what's it worth?

Year: 2004
Model: Pontiac GTO
Color: Phantom Black Metallic
Mileage: 16,007
Engine/Trans: LS1 w/ 4L60E automatic
Mods: Pacesetter Armor Coat long tube headers, catless mids, Flowmaster catback, Diablosport tuner, Optima Yellowtop
Title: Clean
VIN: Available for serious inquirers

I'm considering trading my GTO for something fun and AWD, older STi's, EVOs, maybe a newer WRX/Swapped 2.5rs coupe. I have the factory exhaust manifolds and mids/cats to go with the car. The car is rock solid and in very good shape. Black leather interior is in perfect condition, and still smells brand new, tint is also in great shape. A/C is ice cold, and the heat is nice and hot. Everything works perfectly on this car. I have a free and clear clean title in hand.

I have no idea what to ask for as far as a selling price though, and a lot of forums require a price, any suggestions?

Old 10-31-2010, 02:17 PM
Teching In

anybody?
Old 11-03-2010, 11:13 AM
Teching In

$13,500
Old 11-03-2010, 02:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by d50h
$13,500
Alarming as that price sounds, it may be quite close. I just read the last 'Old Cars Weekly' magazine and I always look at the auctions. Not dealer auctions but real Mecum, BJ type auctions. Two NEW '04 GTOs sold for $15,500 each. Untitled new cars, one had 156 miles on it. Yes, you still have to add the buyer's premium which is usually 10% or so which brings it up to $17,000+. To me that is incredibly low but that is all they went for. At the same auction an '06 GTO went for $16,000+ but it had some mileage on it. I know KBB shows the cars being worth more than that but it is hard to discount real world pricing. Hope this helps a bit.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:18 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NC01TA
Alarming as that price sounds, it may be quite close. I just read the last 'Old Cars Weekly' magazine and I always look at the auctions. Not dealer auctions but real Mecum, BJ type auctions. Two NEW '04 GTOs sold for $15,500 each. Untitled new cars, one had 156 miles on it. Yes, you still have to add the buyer's premium which is usually 10% or so which brings it up to $17,000+. To me that is incredibly low but that is all they went for. At the same auction an '06 GTO went for $16,000+ but it had some mileage on it. I know KBB shows the cars being worth more than that but it is hard to discount real world pricing. Hope this helps a bit.
I appreciate the honesty, that just tells me to trade it in instead of selling it.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

Such a shame! A really nice car with a superb engine but just NO demand on the secondary market. The people that want GTOs would rather have the LS2, which is understandable, but to see such a low mileage car have to be traded in at new cheap Kia or Suburu pricing seems so wrong. I know which car I would want but obviously my thinking is 'old school'. Good luck with whatever you decide to purchase.

Quick Reply: 2004 Black GTO, what's it worth?