What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

What is mt 02 ws6 worth? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 04:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is mt 02 ws6 worth? Help!

I now am needing a diesel truck so its time to sell my baby.

2002 Trans Am ws6.
99xxx miles.
6 speed.
Interior is 9/10
Exterior is 8/10
Been maintained properly.

Extras include , Z06 flywheel, long tube headers, 85mm throttle body, smooth bellow slp, k&n filter, torque arm bar and pan hard bars, all polyurethane bushings, tranny mount and motor mounts, and an exhuast cut out.

Any help is appriciated! Ive heard from asking anywhere from 9 to 13.5k sooo any help will be great! Thanks!
Old 08-14-2011, 05:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

If the car has a clear title and no Carfax issues then you are probably in the $9,000 - $10,000 range for a 2002 WS6 with 100k miles. You really haven't mentioned any 'needs' or the mechanical condition. Higher than $10,000 would be wishful thinking but there is never any harm in asking a higher price and then negotiating. Mods don't seem to be helping the price either. You used to be able to add 25-33% of the mods original cost on to a 'private party' sale, but that just isn't happening right now in these tough times. GLWS!!
Old 08-14-2011, 06:39 PM
Staging Lane

Thank you for the input! if the mods hurt it i do have all of the stock parts that i would include with the sale, or i could convert ib back to stock.

And oops i didnt say anything about its mechanical condition, but she runs great! i Drive it everyday with no problems.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:14 PM
On The Tree

I would say about $8k would be right just because it's an 2002. You would really have to find the right buyer to get over that with 100k. Returning it back to stock as much as possible is definitely the right route since, as mentioned, the after market stuff won't net you any more cash while it's on the car. Asking much more than what you're looking to get can backfire. There are a lot of serious, but timid buyers out there that would never think of offering someone $1,000 less than what they were asking for a car. Instead, they just pass altogether and never contact you. I would ask between $8500 and $9500 and go down to $8000, if necessary. Good luck.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

8-9k sounds about right. The ws6 always pulls a bit more cash than a normal T/A
Old 08-15-2011, 08:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by matts02ws6
Thank you for the input! if the mods hurt it i do have all of the stock parts that i would include with the sale, or i could convert ib back to stock.

And oops i didnt say anything about its mechanical condition, but she runs great! i Drive it everyday with no problems.
Removing the mods is totally up to you but having a mostly stock example opens up the market to many potential buyers looking for a simple clean used car, including females who seem to own a few of these cars. Mods can scare many lookers away, fearing abuse. On my last trip to Atlanta I saw two young women driving Trans Ams and they appeared stock. Obviously this doesn't apply to all, and sure enough, your first caller will probably want mods. I guess you can always include them if someone inquires. I would personally remove them if possible but not at any additional expense or if too time consuming. Again, GLWS!