What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2000 SLP Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 SLP Camaro SS

Hello everyone! I have a Black 2000 SLP SS for sale. It is all original and has 16,872 miles on it. I am the 2nd owner. It had 8,000 miles on it when I purchased it in 2003. It has been garage kept, and is immaculate. It is black on black with T tops.
I contacted SLP and was told it had everything on it that was available from SLP for that year including the 5 spoke chrome rims. I still have the SS key chain in plastic. I will post pics as soon as I figure it out .
Old 09-23-2014, 04:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Is it an automatic or M6? Do you have a copy of the SLP invoice listing all the options? Window sticker? It would be somewhat unusual to have EVERY SLP option available as not that many cars came outfitted that way. More than likely such a car would tend to be an M6. Options available through GM would have included traction control, 12 disc CD changer, leather seats, and rear defogger.

SLP options:

Performance exhaust set up (3" SS pipe with a pair of dual tip exhausts)
Auburn differential
Bilstein suspension
Lubricant package
SS floor mats
Custom car cover
Key fobs and plaque

Last edited by Firebrian; 09-23-2014 at 10:18 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:54 PM

Thank you for replying. I will do my best to explain the car. When I purchased the car, I was told it was a special ordered car. It is black with leather, t tops, steering wheel controls, traction control, rear defrost, 3 inch dual pipes and ss floor mats. I have 2 key fobs still in the plastic, it has 5 spoke chrome rims with ss in the middle. I called slp and was told the car had every available option put on it. However, the dealership told me that it came with a car cover but that they did not know what happened to it. Honestly, when I purchased the car I only knew that I wanted a ss. I didn't know anything about slp. I received the window sticker with the car but I have misplaced it, I'm trying to find it. I appreciate any help that you give me about pricing it.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:55 PM

Yes, it is a M6
Old 09-23-2014, 10:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Assuming your typical 16K mile 1-2 owner car in excellent condition I'd normally figure such a car around $14K-$15K. Having a fully loaded option package would be a plus...maybe an extra $1K. The Bilstein and Performance Exhaust are important options. I'm not a big fan of chrome wheels as they tend to corrode/pit over time but most people like them. The Auburn differential was an upgrade back then for go-fast, straight line street performance. But, they also tend to wear out quicker than the standard Torsen differentials due to the cone clutches. The Torsen fairs better in cornering.

The SS 2001's and 2002's come with some upgrades that the 2000's did not get. This diminishes the demand (and price) for the earlier SS's. With 10K mile 2002 SS's out there for $16K-$17K, it's hard for a 2000 to be worth close to that. If the car is exceptionally mint for 16K miles that could add another $1K. But, chances are, it's not much different than other 16K mile SS's. My '99 SS has 16K miles and though it's been garaged and covered 98% of its life and doesn't ever see rain, it still has some minor exterior and interior flaws. If one can't find "flaws" on their own car, they need to look harder. When washing and waxing a car you tend to locate every single hairline swirl, scratch, or streak in the paint.

Black M6 with all the SLP options is a nice ride. And as described so far sounds like you'd get a lot of interest in it. It would be expected that the car has excellent tires and all fluids changed per the service manual.

Last edited by Firebrian; 09-24-2014 at 11:06 AM.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:55 PM

Thank you so much, I really appreciate all the help! I had thought 14-15,000. The tires have never been replaced so that's why I was thinking of that price. Does that sound like a fair price? I want to be fair when I price it, I just wanted to have an idea of its worth. I haven't driven the car very much since 2006. I drive it for a few miles each month and start it weekly. Thanks Again, you may see it for sale on here soon.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chevygrl
Thank you so much, I really appreciate all the help! I had thought 14-15,000. The tires have never been replaced so that's why I was thinking of that price. Does that sound like a fair price? I want to be fair when I price it, I just wanted to have an idea of its worth. I haven't driven the car very much since 2006. I drive it for a few miles each month and start it weekly. Thanks Again, you may see it for sale on here soon.
That's certainly a very fair price range imo. The Autotrader really has nothing like your car for under $14,900 so it's very competitive. The white 2000 SS at $15,500 in the Autotrader has been for sale for at least 1 year...maybe 2 yrs. Guess it's still not cheap enough to sell...and it's an automatic. Private sellers tend to need cash buyers because the finance companies and banks won't loan out $15,000 for a 2000 SS. They tend to go by the book values which could be $5K less. The price guides don't reflect the real market for very low mileage, 1-2 owner cars. Start at $15K and leave yourself some room if needed. Late September - March is the weak season to be selling one of these. A lot of people are looking for additional discounts to buy during this time. If you're located in a state with no real winter that may not be much of a draw back....and you can show the car any time.

Driving it once a month is fine. I don't think starting the car weekly and not allowing all the fluids to warm up is a good idea. Knowing all the installed SLP options would be helpful. While 1998's-2000's are not as in demand as the later years, a fully optioned 2000 would be preferable to me vs. a low optioned 2001-2002. But everyone has different tastes. Not having the original documents is a slight negative.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/Used+Cars/cars+under+16000/Chevrolet/Camaro/East+Lyme+CT-06333?endYear=2000&engineCode=8CLDR&engineCodes=8C LDR&listingType=used&listingTypes=used&makeCode1=C HEV&maxMileage=30000&maxPrice=16000&mmt=[CHEV[CAM[]][]]&modelCode1=CAM&photosOnlyActual=true&pricesOnly=t rue&searchRadius=0&showcaseListingId=0&showcaseOwn erId=1360232&sortBy=mileageASC&startYear=1998&Log= 0

Quick Reply: 2000 SLP Camaro SS