What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

1999 Z28, Deal?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 07:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Z28, Deal?

http://www.chevofdelano.com/VehicleD...-MN/2306648773

Super low miles, price seems decent. I'm thinking of going to check it out.
Pretty stripped as far as options, manual everything, and might not have cruise?

Thoughts?
Old 09-24-2014, 08:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

WTF is with the truck exhaust and ebay taillights?

Where I'm from, that is one HELL of a deal for that car. I dont know about the F-Body market where you are, but I wish that is what our market was like. Buy it IMO
Old 09-24-2014, 08:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah definitely no cruise control, the car would be a 1SC - no power options, just a base Z28 coupe. Definitely worth a look with those miles. The wheels and exhaust kill it but could easily be changed. Pics show stock taillights, but closeup shows cheap aftermarket lights. Looks to be a low miles original car that a young kid got a hold of and did some appearance mods. NADA website says clean retail of $6700 but we all know how dealers are.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:23 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah, I did notice the exhaust, but that would all get re-done anyway. I did also notice the china tail lights in the one pic, but factory in the others, hopefully the stock ones are in it.

I might take a look at it this weekend.

It's a bummer it's so stripped down, but a clean hard top Z with that low of miles almost outweighs that.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:31 PM
12 Second Club

Interesting find. I ran the VIN through google, and came up with this

http://www.usedcarsgroup.com/used-19...fp22g2x2131556

Here is shows the ebay tails in more pics, and different wheels. I'm thinking it's been for sale awhile.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Just noticed the headlights in the two ads. eBay headlights in the ad with the black wheels.

It's kinda like an automatic "stripper" car. Could be made to weigh even less and made into a fun lightweight street eater.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if u cud get it down under 7k uz be doing decent. private sale itd probly be asking 6600 or so, but dealers gotta make theirs.
always laugh at the ads too
"pure driving excitment fun fun fun oh boy take the tops out and cruise" kinda ****.
clean car overall. i zay offer em 6800 and be ready to walk away.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

i just drove through delano yesterday! since winter in mn is just around the corner i doubt they want that sitting on their lot. ask to speak to the general manager and work out a deal. cheers! before you call get the kelley blue book prices for ammo to lower the price trade in / private party / retail. hey wr spence my first car was a 73 venny (ventura sprint)
Old 09-25-2014, 11:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

A clean <50K mile LS1 F body is worth way more than NADA/KBB book value. Those things are a joke. Autotrader only lists a single Z/SS with <45K miles priced cheaper than your car. There are only 5 of them under $10K. $7900 is an excellent deal. And you can probably get it for less as that car has been in inventory for 2 months and they can't sell it. They've probably dropped the price several times. Only killers would be bubbling paint or other cosmetic defects you can't see in the photos. Still, if it's a nice running car it's still a deal. Hopefully, it wasn't driven around in the Wisconsin winters which would make a mess of the undercarriage and engine bay. The tires may be on the worn side. This Z28 being a 1999 is worth about $2K or so less than a 2002....regardless, it's still an LS1 that can easily be modified with a lid and exhaust to match the 2002 hp ratings. I don't care much for the rear side exhaust. Never seen that before on one of these.

I find the lack of power items refreshing. I never use the cruise on my '99 SS. And frankly, replacing the problematic window motors on these cars is a pain. I wish I had manual windows. You don't have to worry about windows, no power head light doors like on the Firebirds, no power radio antennae, no leaking TTops, etc. Less things to break and pay to have fixed. And if the seats have no power either, that really can't break. All that leads to a very lightweight street machine that many enthusiasts look for....though typically in an M6. If this had been a 6 speed I don't think it would still be available. I doubt very many came so stripped as this one. You might want to look into the possibility of that car being a 1LE or B4C....which would make it a score. All the B4C's came with power seats. All but one of the 1LE's came with manual seats.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/Used+Cars/cars+between+5000+and+10000/Chevrolet/Camaro/East+Lyme+CT-06333?endYear=2002&engineCode=8CLDR&engineCodes=8C LDR&listingType=used&listingTypes=used&makeCode1=C HEV&maxMileage=45000&maxPrice=10000&minPrice=5000& mmt=[CHEV[CAM[]][]]&modelCode1=CAM&photosOnlyActual=true&pricesOnly=t rue&searchRadius=0&showcaseListingId=0&showcaseOwn erId=1360232&sortBy=derivedpriceASC&startYear=1998 &Log=0

Last edited by Firebrian; 09-25-2014 at 01:32 PM.

Quick Reply: 1999 Z28, Deal?