Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Ordered new Weld R/T's in 15x10, box reads 10.3 (normal? or uh oh?)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 11:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ordered new Weld R/T's in 15x10, box reads 10.3 (normal? or uh oh?)

By the time I found out, it was too late to call Weld, so I thought I'd see if anyone else has experienced this before. I ordered some new Weld R/T's in a 15x10, and when I got them, the box read that the width was 10.3. Does this sound odd to anyone else? This is the first time I've ordered a custom built set of wheels, so I don't know if this is normal or not. Any help or insight would be appreciated. I plan on calling them, but thought I'd see if anybody on here might be able to ease my mind a little. I of course made the mistake of already mounting them, so if they messed up, I'm screwed anyways. Thanks, guys.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just bumping this to share the information I received from the company I purchased the wheels from... just incase someone else orders a set and the same thing happens to them. This was the email sent to me in response to my concern. Big thanks to Jim and Brian at Jim's Racing Tires.

Hi Brad,

The actual dimension listed in the Weld Racing Catalog is 10.275 wide for a 15x10 RTS Wheel. It seems to be consistent with all of there RTS Wheels in that the 9" wheel is listed at 9.275 wide, the 8" is 8.275 and so on. Even their 4" wheel is listed as 4.075 wide. We don't know why Weld designed the RTS wheel this way because their other wheels stay pretty close to the advertised sizes. We are not aware of any fitment issues with this wheel so far. I hope that answers your question.

It's a beautiful wheel and I can't wait to see them mounted on a car. If you can, please forward a picture when you have them on your car.

Thanks, Jim III

www.jimsracingtires.com
Jim's Racing Tires
508 Orems Road
Baltimore, MD 21221
1-800-281-0409

Quick Reply: Ordered new Weld R/T's in 15x10, box reads 10.3 (normal? or uh oh?)