Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Who's runnin vet wheels on there T/A and how are you spacing

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 08:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who's runnin vet wheels on there T/A and how are you spacing

OK, so I got a 2000 T/A and Im using 19" in the rear and 18" on the front and they are oem vet wheels. There offset makes the wheels to far in and I'm using 1.25" aluminum adapters and they space the wheel out great and I used them all year last year. So here's the question, I plan on building my car this winter and getting up to 450-500 hp range and dont trust these wheel adapters to hold the power without cracking or just failing when I'm doing 120 mph. IS ANYONE USING ANYTHING ELSE that is better for spacing? what should I do? customize the back of the wheel? I can post pics if anyone wants to see what I'm talking about but they are aluminum wheel adapters. Please give me some input...thanks
Old 01-11-2013, 10:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MertezWS6
OK, so I got a 2000 T/A and Im using 19" in the rear and 18" on the front and they are oem vet wheels. There offset makes the wheels to far in and I'm using 1.25" aluminum adapters and they space the wheel out great and I used them all year last year. So here's the question, I plan on building my car this winter and getting up to 450-500 hp range and dont trust these wheel adapters to hold the power without cracking or just failing when I'm doing 120 mph. IS ANYONE USING ANYTHING ELSE that is better for spacing? what should I do? customize the back of the wheel? I can post pics if anyone wants to see what I'm talking about but they are aluminum wheel adapters. Please give me some input...thanks
I have C5 DD 18's from oewheels and they fit perfect. You could snag a set from there if you don't want to futz with adapters.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:32 AM
On The Tree

I really like the wheels I have on the car now and know there are more people out there running negative offset wheels like this. They are the gunmetal wheels off of a 2009 Corvette in mint shape and I just want to know if there is any other way to space them even if I have to send them out to get customized. There is a link at the bottom showing the spacers. I just dont trust aluminum adapters the way I drive lol.

Last edited by MertezWS6; 01-14-2013 at 11:34 AM. Reason: pics

Quick Reply: Who's runnin vet wheels on there T/A and how are you spacing