Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Steering Wheel Shakes After New Setup.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 08:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Steering Wheel Shakes After New Setup.

Hey guys I just put on 18" Rebels wrapped in 275/35,295/35 KDW's my ? is my steering wheel shakes a little when I'm on the highway what could this be from? The wheels came mounted and balanced to my door.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

probably just out of balance... im sure they are sticky weights and not cliped on weights sometimes sticky weights arent as true of a balance as cliped on... id get em rebalanced and start there... or it could be a tire defect... get em rebalanced and see what happens.. have them spin them before they remove the weight that is on there to see if they actually were out of balance... some guys just rip the weights off and reblance without even checking...
Old 05-15-2007, 11:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

from what i've heard also, is that if you have them spin the tire around on the rim 180° from the position it's in now, it may balance better....some places don't bother getting it 100% right when balancing them....they will just get it "the best they can" the first time and not bother with it if it's just a little off (especially if it's a mail-order company, they know you're not standing right there watching them do it, and can't complain except for after-the-fact)