10 Second Club Now you are haulin! 10s are sweet

Finally able to bang gears into the 10's (barely)

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 02:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Finally able to bang gears into the 10's (barely)

So this is only the 3rd time ever going to the track in a 6 speed car, only the 2nd time in this car.

2005 Corvette Z51 completely stock suspension.

My previous best from my first trip was 2.2 60' 11.9 ET 133 MPH

I sepnt the whole weekend in Sacramento earlier this month, Saturday was Grudgefest (figured i would get some practice runs in. Sunday was the 38th annual Vette Magic.

So got to Grudgefest at about 4pm, it was 109 degrees so i chose not to make a pass until 8 or so.

1st pass, 2.1 60' (yea i know) 11.3@132mph (25psi in the tires)
New Personal Best!

2nd pass, 2.4 60' (LMAO) 12.6@120mph (23psi) totally messed up on that run that run
that sucked!

3rd pass 2.0 60' (getting better) 11.2@134 (22psi)
New Personal Best!

Went back to the hotel, unable to 60' or get a 10 second slip, irritated, but set a new personal best. So I know I am getting there, slowly but surely.

Get back to the track Sunday, I am gauranteed 3 practice runs, before eliminations, figure i will break out in the first round, but get 4 more tries to get my 10 second slip.

On the first practice run, i dropped down to 19psi, and launched around 4000 rpms. It felt pretty good coming out of the hole, decent shift to 2nd, decent shift to 3rd, at the top of 3rd gear, car kicks sideways about 2 feet, so I let off and cruised through the finish line.
So my brother flagged me down and asked what happened, told him it kicked out on me and i let off, then I started back to the pit area, and my car was over heating.
Popped the hood checked it out, and I blew a freeze plug out of the head. Same freeze plug that has always had a small leak at WOT (full boost). So my day of racing was over.

New Personal Best!
1.88 60' (getting there, but room to grow)
10.94 ET (somehow i did it)
123 MPH (lmao)

I don't know how I got my 10 second slip, when i let off 3/4 down the track, but i think it could have been a 10.6 run.

I am now in the middle of my heads/cam/intake swap, so who knows what to expect next trip out. I do know i need at least a roll bar though.

Quick Reply: Finally able to bang gears into the 10's (barely)