10 Second Club Now you are haulin! 10s are sweet

10's for my bolt-on ls6!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 11:16 PM
wbt
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by "MAC"
Well flip side of your argument there is more non equipped E85 cars so it shouldn't be considered pump.

Edit: i could careless either way tbh but thing is your logic was wrong so i was just showing you why it was wrong
No. I am not seeing where my logic was wrong. Hell Ford ships F150 based Coyote's with Flex Fuel capabilities. Guess what, it is all in the tune and the PCM in the Mustang has the same Flex Fuel tables. They just aren't enabled from the factory.

You also need to take weight out, built trans, gears and slicks to run 10s so dont act like its simple bc if it was then everyone would be doing it. Last i checked only a handful of people are running 10s with a bolt on 5.0
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Some more facts so we aren't bending the truth or making **** up once again....

1. Sure some weight was taken out. I ran 10.87 at 3,500lbs. race weight. The car was street legal and NHRA legal down to 10.00 I can guarantee homosilver's car is lighter than that and I would venture to bet his car wouldn't pass tech on an IHRA or NHRA track on race day.

2. Built trans = a converter swap. Same mod that any auto equipped car would make to get there regardless of brand/make/model.

3. Gears. My car came from the factory with a 3.15. I put a 3.31 in it. I can cruise down the tollway at 80MPH turning just over 2K RPM. Hmmmm.

4. Tires. Street legal DOT drag radials on my car when it ran 10.87 and 10.75.

5. Number of 10 sec N/A, 5.0 Coyote street legal cars at last count: 7 There are a couple of Boss 302 powered stock long block cars that have done it as well so that count goes up to 9. I am sure there are some out there that are unknown. There are also quite a few who are on the cusp of breaking into the 10's. A little more than a handful.

No I never said it was easy. What I said was we don't have to swap in a different drivetrain to make it happen.
Old 11-23-2014, 11:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts

the part i find amusing in all of this is a motor that came into production in 2001 is being compared to fords latest and greatest powerplant that is 10 years newer.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:00 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SLP IROC-Z
the part i find amusing in all of this is a motor that came into production in 2001 is being compared to fords latest and greatest powerplant that is 10 years newer.
It always turns out that way. When you point out the current lt1 they just dodge with the displacement argument.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:11 AM
wbt
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sickness7
It always turns out that way. When you point out the current lt1 they just dodge with the displacement argument.
Nah. Ford just announced a 5.2, flat plane crank motor that is rumored to be 500HP N/A, based off of the Coyote. We will see what they do with the next gen GT500 as well.

All said, I am not a brand loyalist. I tow my Ford with a RAM 1500. My son drives a 2002 f-body. I am no fan of the S550 Mustang.

My pet peeve is the level of BS that is posted and claimed as fact. There is no place for that ****.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:26 AM
***Repost Police***

The LS6 was/is a great engine. It was also not an RPO motor for the F-body. It's not like there weren't any Ford engines available at the time that wouldn't yield similar or better results though, it's just that the motor I'm referencing was low-production. Implying that any manufacturer isn't capable of making big/more power out of their engines (not that you were doing that) is silly, it's just so well known that it rarely happens for a myriad of different reasons.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by wbt

No. I am not seeing where my logic was wrong. Hell Ford ships F150 based Coyote's with Flex Fuel capabilities. Guess what, it is all in the tune and the PCM in the Mustang has the same Flex Fuel tables. They just aren't enabled from the factory.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Some more facts so we aren't bending the truth or making **** up once again....

1. Sure some weight was taken out. I ran 10.87 at 3,500lbs. race weight. The car was street legal and NHRA legal down to 10.00 I can guarantee homosilver's car is lighter than that and I would venture to bet his car wouldn't pass tech on an IHRA or NHRA track on race day.

2. Built trans = a converter swap. Same mod that any auto equipped car would make to get there regardless of brand/make/model.

3. Gears. My car came from the factory with a 3.15. I put a 3.31 in it. I can cruise down the tollway at 80MPH turning just over 2K RPM. Hmmmm.

5. Number of 10 sec N/A, 5.0 Coyote street legal cars at last count: 7 There are a couple of Boss 302 powered stock long block cars that have done it as well so that count goes up to 9. I am sure there are some out there that are unknown. There are also quite a few who are on the cusp of breaking into the 10's. A little more than a handful.

No I never said it was easy. What I said was we don't have to swap in a different drivetrain to make it happen.
Do you not realize there are more cars on the road right now that isn't capable of running E85?
Old 11-24-2014, 07:15 AM
Launching!

It usually turns out that way because the 5th gen isn't comparable. It's the car as a whole that's the problem.. not the motor. That being said... any full weight bolt on e85 ls3 4th gens running coyote numbers? I'd bet the comparison would be a lot closer.

Originally Posted by Sickness7
The LT1 isn't the current year Camaro powerplant..... I have never seen anyone dodge the LT1 with a displacement argument either. No doubt that motor is a nice piece. Hopefully GM gets the chassis right.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:22 AM
10 Second Club

Received 434 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by wbt
You can't do that here. You get e85, unleaded and diesel. Seeing as there are many factory equipped cars certified to run e85 there is no reason it should be considered anything but pump gas. Anything else is just ignorant.

Let me educate you on running e85 in a 5.0 2011-2014 Mustang.
1. You change the AFR stoich in the tune.
2. Bolt on cars (no not internal engine mods) will require 47lbs. injectors so you modify the tune for the injectors.

That is it.

Cam timing has nothing to do with it.

Cam timing isn't going to change the powerband of an engine if the intake manifold doesn't allow for it.

Don't get mad at us because we can change cam timing with a tune which requires no internal engine modifications.

Don't get mad at us because we can run 10's N/A, with all accessories, with NO INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS.

Don't get mad when you get called on the carpet with your fantasy land reasoning with whom your own peers call you out on.

Don't get mad when you make **** up, get called out for it and look like a fool.

....the list could go on and on and on and......
The only thing i see here that you said is......you can't get to 10's with out e85. And you can't get to 10's with oyt ******* with your cam timing.
Originally Posted by wbt

So how many of those are stick cars on a dr? I can't find one faster than me.

just so ya know i drove my car to and from. All accessories, all seats/belts in it, spare and jack in it, stock style brakes........7-11 93 pump gas.
Troof.....sad for furd really
Originally Posted by wbt
Nah. Ford just announced a 5.2, flat plane crank motor that is rumored to be 500HP N/A, based off of the Coyote. We will see what they do with the next gen GT500 as well.

All said, I am not a brand loyalist. I tow my Ford with a RAM 1500. My son drives a 2002 f-body. I am no fan of the S550 Mustang.

My pet peeve is the level of BS that is posted and claimed as fact. There is no place for that ****.
Maybe you should stop being a pet peeve and just answer the questions......but your argument don't look very good then dies it.
Originally Posted by Irunelevens
The LS6 was/is a great engine. It was also not an RPO motor for the F-body. It's not like there weren't any Ford engines available at the time that wouldn't yield similar or better results though, it's just that the motor I'm referencing was low-production. Implying that any manufacturer isn't capable of making big/more power out of their engines (not that you were doing that) is silly, it's just so well known that it rarely happens for a myriad of different reasons.
Furd didn't make a n/a engine to run with the ls6 until the coyote ......get over it.
Originally Posted by PA94Z
It usually turns out that way because the 5th gen isn't comparable. It's the car as a whole that's the problem.. not the motor. That being said... any full weight bolt on e85 ls3 4th gens running coyote numbers? I'd bet the comparison would be a lot closer.

The LT1 isn't the current year Camaro powerplant..... I have never seen anyone dodge the LT1 with a displacement argument either. No doubt that motor is a nice piece. Hopefully GM gets the chassis right.
Go check out 62 vids. Then come back and tell us that. Are there any Coyote's that have been 10.3 na with a cam swap like rhino?
Old 11-24-2014, 08:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Did I really just read that a change in a cars tune is now considered an internal mod? I didn't realize plugging into an ODB port equals changing out internals. Swapping roller rockers and changing cam lift is however changing out internals (a physical part touching oil isn't a bolt on I don't care what makes/models used to do it). I realize it is being argued because its Ford vs Chevy RAWR cheerleader my car/platform is more better but take a step back and rationalize a little bit.

Doug your car runs very well and you have done a lot of mods most ignore to make it run what it does. It is however not the norm when comparing it to other makes or other bolt on LS1 f-bodies. With more seat time I could see it going 10.50's if you could figure out how to get it off the line without bogging. Let me get a run in it if you ever make it to a track day down south.

I am a huge fan of both platforms and currently do not own either but that is pretty ignorant comment. Some people are so blinded by brand loyalty it makes them say insane things.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:49 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
just so ya know i drove my car to and from. All accessories, all seats/belts in it, spare and jack in it, stock style brakes........7-11 93 pump gas.

Furd didn't make a n/a engine to run with the ls6 until the coyote ......get over it.

Go check out 62 vids. Then come back and tell us that. Are there any Coyote's that have been 10.3 na with a cam swap like rhino?
Are we talking the car the motor is in, or are we talking the motor vs motor comparison here? You seem to jump all over the place saying different **** for whatever suits the arguement.

Fact - your car runs what it does because it is 400 lbs lighter than stock. It doesn't matter where the weight came from.
Fact - you ls6 vs coyote with equal race weight would get drug all the way down the track.
Fact - there is not a single verified bolt on e85 5th gen anywhere close to 10s. Chassis is just not very good for drag racing.

I don't like comparing your car to the coyote, but you always like to act like you ran quicker without making it less of a street car. Fact is when you look at just the motor.. it is inferior.

You can compare the bolt on e85 ls3, and that looks much better in a good street 4th gen that isn't hacked up.

When talking bolt on coyotes you always like to bring up h/c and cam cars.. thats great and all but has nothing to ******* do with bolt on 5th gens, you retard.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:05 AM
TECH Resident

I guess ill swap an ls3 into my car so its an even comparison then, bye bye coyote!
Old 11-24-2014, 11:16 AM
wbt
Teching In

The only thing i see here that you said is......you can't get to 10's with out e85. And you can't get to 10's with oyt ******* with your cam timing.
Of course you do. Gloss over the being a fool part. It's OK. I know life is hard.

So how many of those are stick cars on a dr? I can't find one faster than me.

DR's are absolutely the wrong tire to run on a manual trans car. I thought you knew better. Wonder why it bogs out of the hole? Exactly why your car will never see 1.2 60' time and didn't run a 10.7. Unicorns and pixie dust.

Maybe we should also gloss over the require safety equipment needed to run 10's which adds weight to the car.

Are you also going to throw in there must be wearing long pants and driving gloves as well? SMH......

Maybe you should look into an e85 tune. Oh wait, that will require changing out your fuel system. My bad.

10's on 93 for a Coyote is nothing more than a trip to the track away. I'll take care of that next time out just for you.

Maybe you should stop being a pet peeve and just answer the questions......but your argument don't look very good then dies it.
I have answered every question asked and have pointed out what a blubbering fool you are in the process.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:28 AM
Launching!

I guess ill swap an ls3 into my car so its an even comparison then, bye bye coyote!
Good luck with that... the fastest bolt on ls3 C6's are still .1 slower.

Like I said.. at equal weight with a good chassis they are very comparable engines.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:30 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by blu1
Did I really just read that a change in a cars tune is now considered an internal mod? I didn't realize plugging into an ODB port equals changing out internals. Swapping roller rockers and changing cam lift is however changing out internals (a physical part touching oil isn't a bolt on I don't care what makes/models used to do it). I realize it is being argued because its Ford vs Chevy RAWR cheerleader my car/platform is more better but take a step back and rationalize a little bit.

Doug your car runs very well and you have done a lot of mods most ignore to make it run what it does. It is however not the norm when comparing it to other makes or other bolt on LS1 f-bodies. With more seat time I could see it going 10.50's if you could figure out how to get it off the line without bogging. Let me get a run in it if you ever make it to a track day down south.

I am a huge fan of both platforms and currently do not own either but that is pretty ignorant comment. Some people are so blinded by brand loyalty it makes them say insane things.
If you noticed the ignorance is coming from the furd camp......no real reason for them to in here at all ........is there?

Thank you......I think it can go quicker too. Although I don't think you would do any better tan I to get it there. What I do think will get it there is more tire and more gear. A 275 26" tall dr is just to inconsistent on a stick car to make much headway. I did make some changes from the 11.2 time out and the back of the car does not feel like mush now. But ultimately it needs a more aggressive tire than I am running.

I think a 27" tire(pro dr or a bias et street/m&h cheater slick) and some 4.30 gears would help it jump off the line. I could run it to 7000+ out the back if need be.
Are we talking the car the motor is in, or are we talking the motor vs motor comparison here? You seem to jump all over the place saying different **** for whatever suits the arguement.

Fact - your car runs what it does because it is 400 lbs lighter than stock. It doesn't matter where the weight came from.
Fact - you ls6 vs coyote with equal race weight would get drug all the way down the track.
Fact - there is not a single verified bolt on e85 5th gen anywhere close to 10s. Chassis is just not very good for drag racing.

I don't like comparing your car to the coyote, but you always like to act like you ran quicker without making it less of a street car. Fact is when you look at just the motor.. it is inferior.

You can compare the bolt on e85 ls3, and that looks much better in a good street 4th gen that isn't hacked up.

When talking bolt on coyotes you always like to bring up h/c and cam cars.. thats great and all but has nothing to ******* do with bolt on 5th gens, you retard.
LOL....you're the dumbass that is errywhere. Your stupidness brought up 5gen's....and more than likely coyotes. Neither of which has a place in this thread.

Bolded to show you're errywhere.

Now.....I would like for the ones who have nothing to contribute to leave my thread. I would rather chat with SLP IROC about how we car further our cars than argue with you dumbasses. Go to the srk bs thread and talk your stupid ****.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you noticed the ignorance is coming from the furd camp......no real reason for them to in here at all ........is there?

Thank you......I think it can go quicker too. Although I don't think you would do any better tan I to get it there. What I do think will get it there is more tire and more gear. A 275 26" tall dr is just to inconsistent on a stick car to make much headway. I did make some changes from the 11.2 time out and the back of the car does not feel like mush now. But ultimately it needs a more aggressive tire than I am running.

I think a 27" tire(pro dr or a bias et street/m&h cheater slick) and some 4.30 gears would help it jump off the line. I could run it to 7000+ out the back if need be.
26" tire is plenty to get 1.4 60's out of a lightweight f-body that makes enough power. Hell I pulled low 1.5 60's with my C5 which is much trickier to launch and we ran at virtually the same race weight. My car had 3.90 gears and I ran on 26x11.5.17 ET Streets for the majority of my runs.

The only thing a larger tire is going to do is mess with the gearing more and cause it to bog even more. You don't make nearly enough power to be over powering an ET Street.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:29 PM
***Repost Police***

The 5.4 in the Cobra R is very comparable to the LS6, and also makes over 400rwhp with simple bolt-ons.
Old 11-24-2014, 01:02 PM
TECH Resident

LOL....you're the dumbass that is errywhere. Your stupidness brought up 5gen's....and more than likely coyotes. Neither of which has a place in this thread.

Bolded to show you're errywhere.

Now.....I would like for the ones who have nothing to contribute to leave my thread. I would rather chat with SLP IROC about how we car further our cars than argue with you dumbasses. Go to the srk bs thread and talk your stupid ****.
I run a 26" stiff wall et drag, they work really well, i also run 4.30s but with your trap and weight advantage you might be better off with 4.10s. I leave at 7000rpm, best 60' to date is a 1.54 but i need to play with the suspension more to keep the front tires on the ground. ive been considering an m12 swap to help it out of the hole
Old 11-24-2014, 01:18 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by blu1
26" tire is plenty to get 1.4 60's out of a lightweight f-body that makes enough power. Hell I pulled low 1.5 60's with my C5 which is much trickier to launch and we ran at virtually the same race weight. My car had 3.90 gears and I ran on 26x11.5.17 ET Streets for the majority of my runs.

The only thing a larger tire is going to do is mess with the gearing more and cause it to bog even more. You don't make nearly enough power to be over powering an ET Street.
I would rather stay with 26" tire. That way my car changes less from track to street. But i did say a more aggressive tire and a et street is that even @ 26". The m&h guy said he would give me a deal on another set of rears cause i had trouble with their front tires if i wanted them. So i may try their cheater slicks. Do you have any experience with those?
Originally Posted by Irunelevens
The 5.4 in the Cobra R is very comparable to the LS6, and also makes over 400rwhp with simple bolt-ons.
Didn't you read my last post? If you don't have anything to contribute leave . Tired of hearing this stupid ****.
I run a 26" stiff wall et drag, they work really well, i also run 4.30s but with your trap and weight advantage you might be better off with 4.10s. I leave at 7000rpm, best 60' to date is a 1.54 but i need to play with the suspension more to keep the front tires on the ground. ive been considering an m12 swap to help it out of the hole
I would have to turn it harder with more gear. I am just wasting a ton of time in 1st gear. Like you i have thought of a m12 trans. I have 2 gto t56 and i think the m12 from thez06 as another. But they are all in pieces. I like the mph the 3.90's give and they still roll race good. But ultimately you want to be about outta gear at the 1,000' mark to be geared good for the 1/4. Right now i pull 4th at the 1/8 marker.

My suspension is strano springs and koni's. So not real a drag set up.

Give us some more info on your set up Slp.
Old 11-24-2014, 01:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wbt
You can't do that here. You get e85, unleaded and diesel. Seeing as there are many factory equipped cars certified to run e85 there is no reason it should be considered anything but pump gas.
Stunningly moronic post. Because I can buy race fuel at multiple pumps in my immediate vicinity (in California, no less) but cannot buy E85 unless I travel 40-50 miles away, it can no longer be pump gas, according to your obsequious, yet vain and inane criteria.
Old 11-24-2014, 01:54 PM
wbt
Teching In

Originally Posted by fruitsalad
Stunningly moronic post. Because I can buy race fuel at multiple pumps in my immediate vicinity (in California, no less) but cannot buy E85 unless I travel 40-50 miles away, it can no longer be pump gas, according to your obsequious, yet vain and inane criteria.
You are saying race gas is now pump gas?

You are saying e85 is race gas?

No.

That is like saying swapping rocker arms is a bolt on or putting a tune on a car is considered an internal engine modification.

No, no and no.

Quick Reply: 10's for my bolt-on ls6!!