11 Second Club Snake eyes are a good thing

11.7 @ 127 w/ 1.9 60ft

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 01:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 00pooterSS
The rotary thing is cool, but he was blowing them left and right, he was having them built by a local guy, cant remember his name now, but he is/was the best around and he still couldnt keep them together, after his 3rd motor at around 5 grand each he said F the rotary's and got some pistons for it. It put down a little over 410 to the wheels with the cam, it would yank the box off launching it on sticky tires, I believe it was always the passenger side box, but then that would pull on and bend the driver one, which is a common problem with the FD with a LS swap, thats why Henson updated there swap crossmember with a support arm that bolted to the body, we later put that one and with a better weld the last time we welded it and the support arm it broke the driveshaft finally instead, then we knew we did ok. He actually had the first LS6 swapped FD. There were a few, not many, but a few LS1 swapped FD's when he did his.
that would be pretty sick, i always liked FD's but the were more expensive and a liitle tight inside... plus i got my 10AE as a gift so you cant pass up a free car, lol
Old 01-06-2010, 06:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 524 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by Joinedthedarkside
i wish i new a little more about rear ends, i see some for sale for a good price every now and then but i dont know what i need for mine : 3 channel/4 channel, 31,33,35 spline, 12 bolt/9inch, forged this/that... i just have no clue..
if i could find one for under $1,500 i will do it but if not then oh well i just wont launch hard, and pray it holds on the street. i hardly ever race and have only squeezed through 2 bottles in almost 2 years so its not THAT big of a deal to spend $2-3,000 on a rear.
If your car has traction control you need a 4 channel, the 4 channel has a speed sensor at each rear wheel, the 3 channel has one speed sensor on the rear end and its on top of the center section, or "pumpkin"

12 bolt/9 inch/Dana 60... all bad ***, all bigger and better, some people have personal preferences, some have price differences etc..

You wont find a billy bad *** rear end under 1500 though so just take it easy on yours, I have seen just a couple used big rear ends right at 1500 but you may need a few things to chage it over to fit your car and so that would likely put you over budget. if you are really really worried about the rear end and its your only car then I would pick up a cheap rear for a back up so that your not stranded, if you can drive the RX7 when you pop the rear end then just wait till it pops and go from there.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats some great advise and probably what i will end up doing (drive the rx7, if she blows up on me) i may look into picking up a spare also just so it wont be down for long. i just hope she dont grenade on me, but also i will not test it. i am happy with her as she is now. but if i end up finding one for 1500-2000 i may just have to raise the budget, lol

Last edited by Joinedthedarkside; 01-07-2010 at 06:12 PM.