11 Second Club Snake eyes are a good thing

Please update me.. but I Don't plan on staying long...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 05:18 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Please update me.. but I Don't plan on staying long...

Went to NED's camaro firebird day today to make a couple test runs with my new setup (402, th400, hal suspension, pretty much everything)

after a couple 1.8th mile passes and shutting it down so I didn't get kicked out after the first pass.... here's the results... please pay no mind to the dial in vs the run... I was trying to play it cool for tech, knowing it was gonna break out...

60' 1.606
330' 4.614
1/8 7.097
mph 98.95
1000' 9.243
1/4 11.066
mph 123.23

As most people will say.. I know it has alot more in it. The car wasn't 60 footing like it sould at all really, it wasn't transferring weight right, alot of that is due to a few things, one simple one is that the rear is sitting too high with the 27 inch tires on it, I'm gonna pull the rubber spring mounts and get soem hose to slide over the springs this week, and try to get soem more weight out of the car. It weighed 3620 with me in it, lighter thenI thought it was gonna be.. I was expectign 3700 with my 275lbs in it. I've removed the spare, jack, heat shields, washer bottle, rear seat, a/c, front sway bar, not much else really. Funny thing was that we were talking on the way up and guys told me I should pull the passenger's set out (stock transam power leather).. they were lsayign " if the car runs 11.0x, that seat out woudl have been enough to get it to a 10.9x..... sure enough, it would have.

Friday there's a rental, if I can get the day off work and some $ situations work out right I amy try to go to it to get the timeslip... have to see though. Hopefully before the end of teh season I'll get it out one more time.

Last edited by JL ws-6; 08-14-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice times right out of the box man! What heads/cam did you go with? Any dyno
#'s from ESP? I thought I read that you did not have a cage in the car yet, who is the man to see about installing a cage in CT?
Anyway good luck with the car, you should go to the Camaro/Firebird vs Mustang day at E-town on the 14th. Come beat my buddies 03 Cobra
Old 10-09-2006, 08:20 PM
Race your car!

Dave, there's a couple places that do cages, but not sponsors on here, PM me if you want the info... I can name a couple places. I may just get a wolfe 6 pt bolt in one that's already powdercoated.. and just grind it and weld it into place... or have a local place build one in the car. I want to put a set of kirkey's in when teh bar goes in to get the weight of the cage back out, so they will go in with the bar, along with LW carpet. The heads are a set of ET 240's, and the cam is an Eastside stroker grind.. motor is an alum 402.

Talon, I didn't get a chance to foot brake it, I was leaving off teh transbrake eery run with the gas on the floor.. my converter stalls up around 6100 on the brake.. and it was too much to get the car to hook. The first run when I launched teh car I screwed it up and pulled 2nd right away by mistake...oops. 2nd run was clean, and it spun alot, we adjusted the shocks and took a lb of air out and tried it the 3rd run, which was teh one and only full run (broke out bad as planned, so we could load it up and be ready to leave) and it spun again, not as bad as the 2nd 1/2 track run but still spun.

I need to get a good swaybar on teh back I think, teh one that's on there isn't letting it transfer right I don't think, it worked great at bolt on/cam only speed, but now it seems to be a weak link in the suspension.... With some more tuning though, I think that 10's can be had even with it on the car. Once I get that off and a good wolfe style one on, I suspect things will get easier.

As for the nitrous, I am planning on going with a 90mm wet NOS kit, the wet ls2 plate kit. I dont really plan on spraying the ***** off the car, 100 for sure, 150 probably as much as I plan to do.. any more then that and it's gonna be in the 9's, and I really don't want to take this car that far. Once and a while maybe for fun, but not every pass.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:32 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Good first day JL. You'll be in the 10's in no time.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice runs!!! That thing is haulin.

BTW.....I think you swapped up the numbers on your 1/8th time. First time I looked at it I thought...."damn that thing only ran a 7.9 1/8th" "how in the hell?" Lol! 7.0 would do it though...
Old 10-10-2006, 08:35 PM
Race your car!

yeah.. oops. Fixed it..... I attached the slip anyway LOL.

Quick Reply: Please update me.. but I Don't plan on staying long...