11 Second Club Snake eyes are a good thing

11 sec. from a lowly LT1 babY!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 05:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 11 sec. from a lowly LT1 babY!

got my car to the track last week and only hit 12.25 but after that I figured out I was only at 65% throttle due to my TV cable being misadjusted. DOH! so I had to go back one more time befor the years end.

2nd run of the night was my first time ever in the 11's. 11.96 but I knew I could do better cause the 60 wasnt that great. it was like a 1.7x. well, it kept getting better all night consistently in the 11.8x range7 out of 10 runs. two runs I spun bad and those were both 12's. anyways last run of the night was 11.75 @113.7mph on a 1.56 sixty!
I think that was all the cars got the way it is, but it still has a 350 mail order tune. its a 383 now and Im SURE a dyno tune will pick up some more ponies all across the board.

here's the recipe

forged 383 with the 6.0" long rods and -18cc pistons for about 10.5 compression. 233/239 .580lift cam. home ported headsthat flow ok, not great. stock valves/no valve job even. 1.6CC roller rockers. holley 52tbody, home ported intake, 30lb injs, elec. WP, !AIR/swaybar/A/C. jet hot long tube headers/offroad ypipe/edelbrock RPM catback. 3:73 gears stock 10bolt. 3800 EDGE stall conv.. (that conv. ROCKS!) in a lightly beathed on oldschool 700r4. needs a shift kit still. the 2-3 shift is really lazy. the conv. was locked up, but Im not sure if thats functioning under full throttle or not since I dont have a shift kit and am not sure if anything in the trans was mod'd to allow WOT lockup. didnt try any pass's with it not locked up. with the old stall conv. unlocked it ran 12.09 @112mph so thats why I think its not locked up. it def. works at part throttle though cause I can watch the rpm drop when I switch it on.
susp. consist's of stock shocks all around, 24mm iroc rear sway, air bags in rear coils, stock front coils but there cut (which doesnt help me launch since it restricts the weight transfer like limiters do), stock rear lower control arms but there boxed and solid Iroc bushings, stock TA, granetteli SFC's.

Im pretty happy with the car overall but I cant wait to get my dyno tune in spring. Im hoping for a couple more tenths atleast between that and a shift kit and making sure the lockup is working under WOT.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice job man... good job on representing our POS LT1's haha

Quick Reply: 11 sec. from a lowly LT1 babY!