12 Second Club In the 12s yet? Come inside!

12.54 at 114 MPH. 2.0 60'. How much left in it?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 09:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Just watched your videos - I couldn't at work earlier.

Do your burnout in 2nd gear....

Also your bogging the **** out your car on the launch - Leave higher and let it spin a little.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nocooler
Just watched your videos - I couldn't at work earlier.

Do your burnout in 2nd gear....

Also your bogging the **** out your car on the launch - Leave higher and let it spin a little.
Really??? 2nd gear burnout? Alright.

Im already leaving at 5000 RPMs. Should I TRY to NOT slip the clutch as much and shock the wheels just a little more? If thats even possible for me Any higher and ill be leaving at 6000 RPM, slipping the clutch.

Whats so much better about a 2nd gear burnout? Thought I have been getting some good burnouts.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Oh ya if your not doing a 2nd gear burnout your not getting enough heat in those tires. I just dump the clutch in 2nd then quickly move my left foot to the brake.

I am on a stock clutch and diff in my car...but i launch around 3000 and quick relase of the clutch not so much of a dump. So yes i slip the clutch, of course with your rear and your clutch it can take little bit more. Just try different techniques. I didn't think your launch was terrible, your 60' is pretty good.

Just watched your videos again, your 1st run launch was good, 2nd run you bogged, just take a lot of notes of what you changed each run.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stevo92z28
Oh ya if your not doing a 2nd gear burnout your not getting enough heat in those tires. I just dump the clutch in 2nd then quickly move my left foot to the brake.

I am on a stock clutch and diff in my car...but i launch around 3000 and quick relase of the clutch not so much of a dump. So yes i slip the clutch, of course with your rear and your clutch it can take little bit more. Just try different techniques. I didn't think your launch was terrible, your 60' is pretty good.

Just watched your videos again, your 1st run launch was good, 2nd run you bogged, just take a lot of notes of what you changed each run.
Your not kidding, takes alot of practice! But damn its fun! Going back again this Wednesday, and wont be able to make it again the following Friday sadly. Its all about having a good time. Next year this time, things will be different. I know this setup is not running perfect, and Ive come to terms with that. Im still thinking I will get my 11 second slip this year. Then the motor will be torn down, with something nasty to follow.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:19 AM
TECH Regular

12.21 @ 114 is what I ran, I ran a similer time as you with a 2.0 60. my 60 may of been a 2.2 when I ran a 12.5x
Old 10-06-2009, 11:19 PM
11 Second Club

hi po, dont take this the wrong way, because im not saying this to be a dick

do your burnout in 2nd gear, that on/off the throttle **** in 1st gear will not heat up the tires enough. 2nd gear and stay on the throttle until u see smoke rolling out

your launch- launch at 6k on those slicks. the tires will take the shock. the car is falling on its face!

your shifts- need much improvement. i shift my daily driver like that when i go to the store. shift faster!

do these three things in some decent air and you will see 11s
Old 10-07-2009, 12:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98TADRIVER
hi po, dont take this the wrong way, because im not saying this to be a dick

do your burnout in 2nd gear, that on/off the throttle **** in 1st gear will not heat up the tires enough. 2nd gear and stay on the throttle until u see smoke rolling out

your launch- launch at 6k on those slicks. the tires will take the shock. the car is falling on its face!

your shifts- need much improvement. i shift my daily driver like that when i go to the store. shift faster!

do these three things in some decent air and you will see 11s
Advice taken, I don't see why some people (most) get all worked up from constructive criticism like that. Thanks. I bet I would have had my 11 sec on this pass... but the transmission locked up on me. I went to hit 2nd, and I couldn't get it into any gear for almost 2 hours. I bought the remote bleeder off Tick performance, and I'm going to flush the system. I drove it home (65 miles) and it drove fine. I didn't smell any clutch at all, and the pedal did not stick. I don't know where to look so I'm going to try flushing. I did pull the best 60 ft yet though on that pass a 1.69. Too bad i didn't get to finish the run. I thought this launch was good, It sure felt good. I left at 5500 RPM. 500 RPM higher then last time.

http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h4...t=MVI_1837.flv

I wont be able to get to the track at all this week, going on a road trip.
Old 10-10-2009, 05:58 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Hi-Po
Advice taken, I don't see why some people (most) get all worked up from constructive criticism like that. Thanks. I bet I would have had my 11 sec on this pass... but the transmission locked up on me. I went to hit 2nd, and I couldn't get it into any gear for almost 2 hours. I bought the remote bleeder off Tick performance, and I'm going to flush the system. I drove it home (65 miles) and it drove fine. I didn't smell any clutch at all, and the pedal did not stick. I don't know where to look so I'm going to try flushing. I did pull the best 60 ft yet though on that pass a 1.69. Too bad i didn't get to finish the run. I thought this launch was good, It sure felt good. I left at 5500 RPM. 500 RPM higher then last time.

I wont be able to get to the track at all this week, going on a road trip.
Im fairly new here and don't want to come off like i'm telling you anything youdon't allready know. I am also trying to drive a 115-117mph 6sp (02Z60) to an 11. Best of 12.2 so far with a 1.8 and **** poor shifting. Good progression. you really have dialed in that 60ft. in conjuction with faster shifting as mentioned, staying off the rev limiter 1-2, 3-4 shifts has helped me trmendously. Hope you can put it all together!
Old 10-11-2009, 11:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chltdsm
Im fairly new here and don't want to come off like i'm telling you anything youdon't allready know. I am also trying to drive a 115-117mph 6sp (02Z60) to an 11. Best of 12.2 so far with a 1.8 and **** poor shifting. Good progression. you really have dialed in that 60ft. in conjuction with faster shifting as mentioned, staying off the rev limiter 1-2, 3-4 shifts has helped me trmendously. Hope you can put it all together!
Yea, I feel I have the 60' down pretty well. I hope to get back this Wednesday, not hit the limiter and pull the same if not better 60'.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:34 PM
11 Second Club

[QUOTE=Hi-Po;12329331]Advice taken, I don't see why some people (most) get all worked up from constructive criticism like that. Thanks. I bet I would have had my 11 sec on this pass... but the transmission locked up on me. I went to hit 2nd, and I couldn't get it into any gear for almost 2 hours. QUOTE]

that launch definately looked better, that figures too right? good launch and then the car pulls that crap on you. the same thing happened to a couple friends of mine. 2 of them welded the clutch to the flywheel. best bet would be to bleed it and maybe adjust your clutch pedal a lil bit if need be. youll hit 11s. seat time ftw
Old 10-29-2009, 05:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Went 12.04 at 116 with a crappy 1.74 60' last night. Going back tomorrow hopefully and maybe enter in some bracket racing.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Went 11.90 all night at anywhere from 115-117 with low 1.7/high 1.6 60's.

Then the motor had some serious issues. Burned half the oil off the dipstick on the last run, smoke machine to say the least

Bigger and better next time. Motor is toast probably
Old 11-07-2009, 02:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn..Right when you hit your goal too..

O well like you said bigger and better.. Do i hear a lsx 427/454 on its way?
Old 12-11-2009, 10:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Hi-Po
Went 11.90 all night at anywhere from 115-117 with low 1.7/high 1.6 60's.

Then the motor had some serious issues. Burned half the oil off the dipstick on the last run, smoke machine to say the least

Bigger and better next time. Motor is toast probably
Hey Hi-po this is some black guy that you talked about on LS1.com! You said that you beat me five straight times by a car? Im glad you finally hit your goal of hitting 11's but your facts were a little off! The only time you beat me was our last run I lost traction and blew my tires off the line. I thought my trans was ruined but I was wrong.My trans was fine. It should'nt matter about the color of a owner of a car we are competetors! I look forward to running you again.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02 wife
Hey Hi-po this is some black guy that you talked about on LS1.com! You said that you beat me five straight times by a car? Im glad you finally hit your goal of hitting 11's but your facts were a little off! The only time you beat me was our last run I lost traction and blew my tires off the line. I thought my trans was ruined but I was wrong.My trans was fine. It should'nt matter about the color of a owner of a car we are competetors! I look forward to running you again.
Hey, I meant absolutely zero disrespect, was just a description. Hell man, I talked and bullshitted with you every week for a few months! Your a really cool dude and I enjoyed hanging out, racing with you all season. I typed that on my buddies iphone, but we raced 3 straight times and I'm sure I got you all night. I think we raced a 4th time also. If I remember correctly you didn't get any 11 second pass's that night. If it wasn't your trans, what happened? That's cool you didn't hurt it, thought for sure it was messed up. I hurt at least my engine, as you saw

Last edited by Hi-Po; 12-15-2009 at 07:23 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:31 AM
Banned

I'm cool man! but you didnot beat me! You ran a faster et but I cut better lights and I got across the finish line before you did! Thats racing ,my best time was a 12.00 flat run to your 11 second run. You ran a faster et but because of my reaction time I won ,check your timeslips the white ones mean you won the yellow slips mean you lost!
Old 12-16-2009, 12:25 PM
Banned

Sorry about your motor, what will you go with next? I blew my tires off the line! I didnt get a good burnout, so when I launched it the tires just spinned!
Old 09-10-2010, 03:53 PM
Teching In

Hoping to see a great improvement with my Moser 9 inch. With my 10bolt with 4.10 gears with street tires I ran a 12.62 at 119mph with a 2.022 60foot. Hoping for 11's when I go back to the track on some ET streets.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:01 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FSTLS1TA
Hoping to see a great improvement with my Moser 9 inch. With my 10bolt with 4.10 gears with street tires I ran a 12.62 at 119mph with a 2.022 60foot. Hoping for 11's when I go back to the track on some ET streets.
Are you hi po?
Old 09-15-2010, 06:34 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BODUKE
Are you hi po?
Nope I am not.

Quick Reply: 12.54 at 114 MPH. 2.0 60'. How much left in it?