12 Second Club In the 12s yet? Come inside!

12.971@102.63 in a bolt-on only 96 impala SS

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005 | 03:34 PM
12 Second Club

Oh yeah, didn't we line them up at the last ImpalaFest? I remember beating an LS1 powered B-body at the drags, but don't remember who it was.
I wasn't at Impalafest. I think you may have seen Scott Higgins (but I couldn't be sure) from Texas with his LS1 6-speed Impala SS. I think though, that he has a built engine and spray??? I only know of 5 guys besides me that have an LS1 in their B-body...and only 3 of us have 6-speeds.

I am looking to install Instant Centers and unbolt my Herb Adams front sway bar from the control arms for the next trip to the Drags. I know my car has 12.5s in it the way it sits, I just have to coax it out of it with a few minor changes...and a longer smokier burnout.

Love my LS1!!!

Maybe we'll meet at the "Mountain MadneSS" ISSCA Nat's in July?

Gary
Old 02-07-2005 | 06:17 PM
12 Second Club

oh yeah, it was Scott! We were racing in the headsup NA class, and I put a hurting on him off the line He had a MUCH higher MPH through the traps though. That's definitely a strong 12 second car NA.

Not sure on the July thing. I'll be out of school, and I should have a regular job by then. I'm going to try to make the first ECIRS race next month in Maryland, but no promises...

Quick Reply: 12.971@102.63 in a bolt-on only 96 impala SS