12 Second Club In the 12s yet? Come inside!

almost had my 2nd 12 second car.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 01:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default almost had my 2nd 12 second car.

Saturday I headed to the strip to see if my 2.5" True Dual system would have any gain over the stock exhaust.

Stock I took it to a best of 13.59@ 104.high, off a 2.20 60' time.

Saturday was a bit warmer than I could have liked it to be, although it was probably 8-18* cooler than when I went stock.

My first 2 runs both had 2.2x 60' times, but both runs were 13.4low @ 107.1x
So as far as I could tell, so far that exhaust alone got me 2 tenths and 2.x mph.

Then it got interesting. My third run, I didn't let it cool down much from the second run. I heated the tires (crappy kelly charger 245/50/16's) pretty good, although of course nice a slicks style burnout, and thought I'd say to heck with 60's and just go for a 108mph trap. Easier to spin to one than bog.

60' ended up being 2.04 (felt good out of the hole). BUT, I hit the limiter in first gear - thanks GM for a retardedly slow tach. Lost 1mph I would imagine, and maybe even a tenth, ended up running what you see in the signature.
Well, It could have been better, but I'm going in mid november when the track has its last day. Should have at least the FRA mod in, might even go with the FTRA. And I should have a set of ET streets by then.
12's here I come.....again.