12 Second Club In the 12s yet? Come inside!

First time on the 12`s

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 11:25 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default First time on the 12`s

Hi guys ,

This is my first time at the track yesterday since I bought the car month ago . The car had a slipping clutch and some bridgestone street tires. traction wasn`t that good plus very bad 60ft.

Car mods r Lt`s and Tsp x-true duals and a air lid & K&n filter. everything else is stock( no tune ,no pully, stockTb,ls1manifold intake,full weight....etc).
+ tank gas was almost 3/4.
did 2 runs ,

first was 12.89@108mph

after that i started to smell something like **** and I was sure it was the clutch.

next run was so so so stupid , forget the TC on and burned the clutch at the end of the race and ran 13.3 (dont remmember the trap speed ), the guy who gives the sheets on the booth lost mine.

I will do a clucth replacement this week + tune and take it to the track again and see what it runs

Last edited by prostock_bigblock; 11-19-2005 at 03:53 PM.
Old 11-19-2005, 01:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Whats up man, I had the blue SS out there. I was wondering what happened on that run when you were trying to warm up the tires. Thats a good run for your first time at the track.
Old 11-19-2005, 02:19 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks man actually I burned my clutch while I was warming up the tires and I felt something weird is going on and smilled that ****** **** going out from my clutch.

Will you be there at the 27NOV? I am changing my clutch and if there is some time I would do a tune.