Advanced Engineering Tech For the more hardcore LS1TECH residents

the MYT engine: 850 hp 32 cyl 150 lbs, for real?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 10:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1Z28-00
yea ive heard it from several teachers that knew him personally and my dad knew of it. i doubt that several older educated people would be blowing smoke up my ***, but who really cares? that idea is long gone if it was true.
I don't believe it, a carb wouldn't do jack...You have to burn gas to make HP....There is power lost through friction, heat, etc. etc....
Old 12-09-2008, 02:54 AM
Launching!

this thing is amazing. however i do believe the government severly limits things like these as far as alternate fuel or extremely effiecient engines. i know of a guy that lives around me and he invented a carb. that allowed a car to get 90-100 MPG. A gov't corperation bought the idea and destroyed it. they have too much tax gains off of fuel to for everyone to stop buying it or greatly reduceing consumption of it. something like 60 cents a gallon of gas is tax. there are many other things like this that happen all the time, even with developing medicine for sick people lot of money there too. well thats my .02
There is some guy in a trailer near me who got abducted and **** probed by a UFO and the government covered the whole thing up.

On a serious note. The myth of the 100 mpg carburetor has been around since the 50's. One of the most well know "inventors" of the "100 mpg carb" is from Winnipeg Canada and also holds a patent for it.

He did actually sell them at one point and it was simply a regular carb that used reheating; a concept from thermodynamics that's actually used in power plants to increase efficiency.

Read more about reheating here if you're interested:

http://pepei.pennnet.com/display_art...odynamics-101/

Reheating is great for power plants but it is not something that can be implemented on an automotive internal combustion engine in any practical manner. Even if it could be implemented, they gains would never produces the figures touted by the inventor.

The 100 mpg carb is simply another form of the perpetual motion machine.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea ive heard it from several teachers that knew him personally and my dad knew of it. i doubt that several older educated people would be blowing smoke up my ***, but who really cares? that idea is long gone if it was true.
my uncle worked for a company in utah that had the same thing going. my dad calls BS but my uncle says he saw the car and everything. i've heard this more than once but who knows if it's true.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Regardless, I think I speak for everyone when I say "Let's see this thing in action!". I want to see a full gas run and dynographs off of at least an engine dyno. At least we can relate to that. All this hooplah about the air going through and its "doing work" seems to sciency for me. I want numbers and a "dumbed down" real explanation!!!
Old 01-18-2009, 08:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

in the immortal words of cuba gooding junior.... show me the money
Old 01-18-2009, 11:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That's where it lies. The real question is, doesn't this show that the gov't has too much pride to fund this? I think it would be a great invention provided it really works and that it gets that mileage putting out that kind of power. Why doesn't the gov't believe in this?
Old 01-18-2009, 04:24 PM
Launching!

Watch who killed the electric car, I encourage everyone to. Its on youtube for free. It'll get you thinking. I wouldn't be surprised if the MYT was bought and destroyed already.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:43 PM
Launching!

Here's the link for those that like shortcuts... http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...zoO_r5A&page=2
Old 01-18-2009, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by joecar
According to thermodynamics you can't make power/torque unless you burn gasoline...
I guess my diesel sitting out in the driveway is a flinstone mobile.

Quick Reply: the MYT engine: 850 hp 32 cyl 150 lbs, for real?