Advanced Engineering Tech For the more hardcore LS1TECH residents

Fuel Vaporizers and Super Carbs...

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 12:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GM EFE - early fuel evaporation. Its a heated grid built into a q-jet or tbi base gasket. A friend of mine experimented heavily with it and it did indeed increase his mileage but would tend to induce knock. So you could have it on on the interstate and shut if off around town. You can pick up the grid element gasket at a parts store and play around if you wish. Just hook it up to a switched relay and battery power.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Elliottbrand.Com
I've heard that there are devices out there that can spray water in, which vaporizes and burns to increase fuel mileage...or something like that (I'm no engine guy or mechanic!)? Anyone heard anything about them?

I've also read that it may be possible to run a vehicle off water (by separating the Hydrogen and Oxygen...to burn them)...I'll need to find the link for that though. With Gas going as high as it is, there's going to have to be some other options.
I would suspect highly that the ammount of energy going into an engine designed to seperate the bonds that water has between it's hydrogen and oxygen is going to be far higher than the energy returned from such an engine.

Sounds like another old wive's tale to me.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:25 PM
Staging Lane

Here's the link. Like I said...I don't know what to think yet.

http://www.hasslberger.com/tecno/tecno_3.htm
Old 04-19-2006, 06:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

not heard about burning water (takes on hell of a lot of energy to split H2O!!!) but i know better vapourisation can help power!

some guys over here run twini njectors per cylinder! they mouunt the second set higher up the intake runner! this is said to give a more equal fuel air mixture and more power! also i have heard that manufacters are running higher fuel rail presures to help with vaporisation and also F1 teams run extreamaly high injector presure for the same reason!

thanks Chris.