Advanced Engineering Tech For the more hardcore LS1TECH residents

NASCAR rear differential - open?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 05:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As CTS said they run lockers at all tracks. Plate motors make around 450hp and open motors around 800hp. The Z06 wouldn't stand a chance at a plate track even though it has more hp. It doesn't have the aero that a nascar does.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i know that the nextel cup cars run lockers....

but just FYI... you guys have to remember that NASCAR is the name of the entire sanctioning body.. including everything from dirtrack ovals to modifieds to trucks, grassroots to pro...

the way some of you are referring to it in your posts, would be like me talking about "NHRA cars" making XXXX amount of power... just because the top fuelers do.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats a true statement... I reffered to the 3 premier divisions.... NNCS BGN NCTS most of the time people dont even know the BGN and NCTS series are even NASCAR series... forget about local late models and dirt track stuff...While NASCAR has some die hard fans they have some uninformed ones as well..I could go on forever on how I dont think NASCAR even gives a crap about the regional or local series.....
Old 03-02-2007, 04:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AdioSS
Are you sure that's what he said? Are you sure he was talking about Cup engines and not ARCA stuff? Both are "NASCAR" engines, but Cup is the big stuff. That sounds a lot more like the numbers we were getting from ARCA engines when I was at SAM a couple years back.
arca is not nascar . the better arca engines will out dyno 85% of a cup engines because of less engine rules. i've never seen a plate engine make less than 425 in any of nascars top three class'

as far as difs, most of the stuff is lockers there are a few rachet styles still used sometimes.. most of the plate setups just run without outer oil seals other than that some suspension geometry and ratios its close to the same week to week

Quick Reply: NASCAR rear differential - open?