Advanced Engineering Tech For the more hardcore LS1TECH residents

heads

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 06:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default heads

i know this is a camaro spot but i have a buddy building a low compression 454 for a nova. He is wanting 600ft lbs and 600 horse i am just looking for a manufacturer that produces around 190cc runner heads. but the heads also need to be able to hold a .800 lift. he wants to run pump gas wants this size so he will have torque down low for the launch. any help will be welcomed
Old 02-19-2008, 06:48 PM
On The Tree

is it even possible to have the small of a runner for a 454
Old 02-19-2008, 06:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by discostu
is it even possible to have the small of a runner for a 454
with different head geometry, yes..

personally i dislike volume measurement of ports... its cross sectional area that matters.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:27 PM
TECH Addict

There is no way that engine is going to make power with 190cc runner. I dont care what the hell it is shaped like. Not to mention with that small of a runner, you are talking about a bowl diameter that would suit at best a 2.00 valve. When looking at a bore of what, 4.155 or so, that is way undersized. People so often get hung up in a small runner producing torque, but this is way off base. What is low compression in your terms? No reason why you wouldnt run that negine at 9.25-9.5:1. The right cam and intake are very relevant as well. A runner with 250cc would be considered small by that platforms norm. You need someone to spec this thing and get it straightened out man. You folks are on a short road to wasting money and getting disappointed.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:36 AM
On The Tree

that is exactly what he stated. it would poduce huge torque numbers. i did not know alot about motors set up as you can tell from this question. i do know he is going to run e85 but if it does not last he wants a 93 pump gas safe motor. so my low compression term would be a 93 octane safe ratio. i believe that would be somewhere in the 12-1 area. thank you for the information. on runner sizeing i will try to talk to him and let him know what i have read.

i have even tried to get him to go either fi or at least fuel injection. i would think those ways would be more able to reach his goals for his car. but he is set on carb setup.