Advanced Engineering Tech For the more hardcore LS1TECH residents

Ignition Coil Control Circuit 1-8 SES CODE thrown

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 09:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unhappy Ignition Coil Control Circuit 1-8 SES CODE thrown

Ignition Coil Control Circuit 1-8 SES CODE thrown tonight.
PO351-PO359 were thrown tonight when normal driving. It had just rained hard as hell. Remember i live in florida and we get stupid hard rain. Car doesnt want to stay started, and will only idle till i tap the gas and it cuts off.

PLEASE PLEAE HELP!! This is my DD and im stuck at home and outta work.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

anyone?

maybe its the plug wires? maybe the injectors? or the ignition coil?

I would hate to order all new parts if someone is able to help me.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ignition Coils
Each ignition coil has an ignition 1 feed and a ground. The PCM supplies a low reference and an ignition control (IC) circuit. Each ignition coil contains a solid state driver module. The PCM will command the IC circuit ON, this allows the current to flow through the primary coil windings for the appropriate time or dwell. When the PCM commands the IC circuit OFF, this will interrupt current flow through the primary coil windings. The magnetic field created by the primary coil windings will collapse across the secondary coil windings, which induces a high voltage across the spark plug electrodes. The coils are current limited to prevent overloading if the IC current is held high too long. The spark plugs are connected to their respective coils by a short secondary wire. The spark plugs are tipped with iridium for long life and efficiency.
You think that there is a short somewhere thats causing the car to lose the tune, or that it maybe fried a coil or something?? Or is there a electronic control modual or something to that effect that controls all the coils.

Come on guys i know that this has to be someone that has even the slightest idea or comething.

EDIT:
Ran the car a few minutes ago, and it idled ok, but my alternator is spiking ever now and then on the volts its putting out. Also my fans are set to come on at a certain engine temp and they dont come on at all. And they are also set to stay on for 200 seconds after the car is off, and they dont even turn on let alone stay on after the car is off.

HELP ME!!
Old 04-05-2008, 12:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

someone told me to check all the relays and grounds..... any other ideas?

Quick Reply: Ignition Coil Control Circuit 1-8 SES CODE thrown