Advanced Engineering Tech For the more hardcore LS1TECH residents

No Electrical power.....Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 03:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No Electrical power.....Please Help

K here is the scoop.

I recently Relocated my battery to the back and everything was good for a little bit. Now I have serious issues. My car has no power at all. However, the fuse box in the engine bay is getting power. I checked every fuse and none are blown.

Here is what happened I hooked up the battery and everything was good, dome lights were on door chime was working, then I went to turn on the head lights and all of a sudden everything went dark. Turn the key to the on position, and nothing no lights nothing. I thought maybe the battery blew up, but I put it in another car and it works just fine.

So I started to check all the fuses in the engine compartment and the passenger compartment, all good. Then I thought maybe the wire from the battery to the engine fuses was bad. So I checked the positive post and sure enough, it is getting power.

So what would cause no power to anything, put the power is still going to the fuse box.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try the solenoid, gm runs power through the solenoid and that would be a problem after relocation if wrong gauge of battery cable was used.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

try the correct forum.. You may get more responses...