Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the advice guys.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Wash car with a quality soap
Rinse soap off normally
Do a final rinse with an open end hose, no nozzle. This will promote water to sheet off the car instead of bead up which causes water spots.
Use a leaf blower to blow off any heavy amounts of water and water that gets into the cracks and such.
With a MF Drying towel, wipe off any remaining water.
Remember, The less you physically touch the car the better, You can put noticeable swirls in a black car just from touching it with your fingers.

This is the process I use and my car is always spotless.

Last edited by BatmobileSS; 10-12-2008 at 05:46 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

I polished my car in the spring time to get rid of all the swirls and what not so now its nearly perfect. For the drying part, i start off with the california water blade. I rinse the blade out thoroughly before it touches the cars surface and after i do each panel i typicaly rinse the blade out again just to make sure that it hasn't caught any contaminents that can potentialy be stuck on the blade as i slide it down the cars surface.

After 15-20 minutes max, 85-90% of the water is removed from the cars surface. Then i run a nice microfibre, (waffle weave style) to remove the excess water and DONE.

No water spots, just a smooth streak free shine. I used ALL kinds od chamois, the absorber, a simoniz synthetic chamois, a genuine leather one and whatever else is on the market. The above method is the quickest, most effective and leaves a very clean finish!