Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

6LiterEater's TA Splitter Pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 09:07 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Well, I was hoping to be the first T/A to mount it, but what can you do. Living on the other side of the country has it's downsides.

For everyone screaming for more pictures, as soon as I have mine, I'll get it mounted and take some more pictures. I know personally, I'd like to see some pictures further away to get a full perspective of the car front to rear.

Stay tuned.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good, cant wait to see some better pics. Soon as I get some extra cash I will most likely order one.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:12 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Well, I was hoping to be the first T/A to mount it, but what can you do. Living on the other side of the country has it's downsides.

For everyone screaming for more pictures, as soon as I have mine, I'll get it mounted and take some more pictures. I know personally, I'd like to see some pictures further away to get a full perspective of the car front to rear.

Stay tuned.
Haven't checked the tracking number recently but it is definitely on its way. Thanks again for pushing to get it to happen... At least I mention in every thread you're the man

Originally Posted by 'Trust'
I'm still not sure how I feel about these. They don't look anything like it, but for some reason it reminds me of the Wings West front lower piece which drives me nuts. I think if I could get one in CF and it could be trimmed back a little to be a little less noticeable it'd be sick.
Carbon fiber is not a good choice. If you scrape, it unravels and the threads are like shards to the tires...

We could do a CF overlay for you but it would get expensive quick.

Originally Posted by The Batman
im still waiting to see one on a 93-97 TA...
I'm still waiting on someone with a local one to test on... I have a design ready to bolt up.

Originally Posted by *98TransAm*
i like it but i already have ground clearance problems that way it is now.
That's why you need this, to protect your paint and bumper
Old 10-13-2008, 10:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like it, but the second batch of pictures make it look like the tip is being pulled upwards, instead of being flat and straight out.

Just me?
Old 10-13-2008, 11:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

those look really good
Old 10-13-2008, 11:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I want to see it on a silver or pewter TA.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
I like it, but the second batch of pictures make it look like the tip is being pulled upwards, instead of being flat and straight out.

Just me?
I think it is just the pic... Regardless, you could adjust that, the bolts are really long.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm curious as to what the distance is from the top of the splitter to the bottom of the bumper. I know its farther in the front than on the sides. I'm wondering if I could fiberglass it to the bottom of the bumper and paint it to match. I'm guessing fiberglassing around the front would impede airflow to the radiator and my trans cooler in the front pass left.

I think it looks MUCH better than the WW thing because theirs goes down and this is all about going out and forward.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:02 AM
Staging Lane

you have them for formulas??
Old 10-14-2008, 12:43 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
Haven't checked the tracking number recently but it is definitely on its way. Thanks again for pushing to get it to happen... At least I mention in every thread you're the man

Carbon fiber is not a good choice. If you scrape, it unravels and the threads are like shards to the tires...

We could do a CF overlay for you but it would get expensive quick.

I'm still waiting on someone with a local one to test on... I have a design ready to bolt up.

That's why you need this, to protect your paint and bumper
I know you have a guy water jet these, but if you could PM me a price (if it would be different) to get one, but only about .5" - 1" shorter so it doesn't stick forward as much, just a little less profound if you know what I mean (how much does it stick out normally from the bumper?). If you can quote me a normal one, and a wrapped one that'd be cool. Also I found a company that would do a dip CF style that looks really good so that may be a better route as it would just scuff instead of fray.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TORK?
I'm curious as to what the distance is from the top of the splitter to the bottom of the bumper. I know its farther in the front than on the sides. I'm wondering if I could fiberglass it to the bottom of the bumper and paint it to match. I'm guessing fiberglassing around the front would impede airflow to the radiator and my trans cooler in the front pass left.

I think it looks MUCH better than the WW thing because theirs goes down and this is all about going out and forward.
I am pretty sure 1 inch (that is the spacer size). Yeah, it meets the bumper on the sides and then the bumper goes up and away from it in the center.

It would NOT impede airflow if you fiber glassed it on, it is shaped AROUND the air dam...

M
Old 10-14-2008, 01:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 'Trust'
I know you have a guy water jet these, but if you could PM me a price (if it would be different) to get one, but only about .5" - 1" shorter so it doesn't stick forward as much, just a little less profound if you know what I mean (how much does it stick out normally from the bumper?). If you can quote me a normal one, and a wrapped one that'd be cool. Also I found a company that would do a dip CF style that looks really good so that may be a better route as it would just scuff instead of fray.
You could easily retract it that much as is. The holes are oblong...

CF is like $400 on top of price... I would just have it dipped or CF added locally, to save double shipping (my guy is in NY).
Old 10-14-2008, 06:20 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Originally Posted by chaman
I want to see it on a silver or pewter TA.
You'll have your wish by this weekend, hopefully.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:23 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
Thanks for the props Mark. I'm debating having it color matched when I get my bumper repaired. We'll see.

A quick question, is one side smooth and the other side textured? I'm sure you've mentioned that in the past, but there are so many threads, it's hard to keep track of what I've read.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm pretty sure that's correct.

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Thanks for the props Mark. I'm debating having it color matched when I get my bumper repaired. We'll see.

A quick question, is one side smooth and the other side textured? I'm sure you've mentioned that in the past, but there are so many threads, it's hard to keep track of what I've read.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

You're correct...smooth on one side and textured on the other. I have textured side up. Here are some better shots.

Old 10-14-2008, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I really need to see it in person, in those last pictures it sticks out too far for my taste, mark, have you thought of offering them shaved more to fit further underneath?
Old 10-14-2008, 04:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is really starting to grow on me, when will we see pics of this on a 93-97 T/A ?
Old 10-14-2008, 04:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by transambandit
I really need to see it in person, in those last pictures it sticks out too far for my taste, mark, have you thought of offering them shaved more to fit further underneath?
Your a cop man, how many times do I have to post this for you guys to understand

IT IS RETRACTABLE. Q wrote he has it pretty much FULL FORWARD. You can RETRACT it more but you MIGHT have to trim some plastic off the back to clear tires depending on rim and tire size.

I don't do it because then those who want it full forward will look weird at the back BUT THE HOLES ARE OBLONG so you CAN RETRACT IT and then just cut a little to clean up the back...
Old 10-14-2008, 04:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 96silverram
This is really starting to grow on me, when will we see pics of this on a 93-97 T/A ?
Soon as I have a local one to test it on. I have one sitting in my apartment just waiting to find someone...

Quick Reply: 6LiterEater's TA Splitter Pics