Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

New aperance Two tone.. /First snow.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol don't feel so bad. Not all of us on the tech are lucky enough to drive our cars all year round cough upstate new york snowbelt cough...

Oh and btw I'd be interested to see how you mount the sparco seat if it's a fixed back (non reclinable) and also as a suggestion I wouldn't ever use a 4 point harness as they are dangerous.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:29 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Shockwave179
lol don't feel so bad. Not all of us on the tech are lucky enough to drive our cars all year round cough upstate new york snowbelt cough...

Oh and btw I'd be interested to see how you mount the sparco seat if it's a fixed back (non reclinable) and also as a suggestion I wouldn't ever use a 4 point harness as they are dangerous.
ye my cousin lives in New york.

I will show you if I do it this winter. And if i install one its gona be an Sparco EVO2. 4, points are for track use, and when i have to handle and want to stay in the sea.. for streat use i will have the stock belts anyway.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:35 PM
TECH Regular

Nooo, winterrrr
Old 10-13-2008, 03:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by The Crazy Sweed
ye my cousin lives in New york.

I will show you if I do it this winter. And if i install one its gona be an Sparco EVO2. 4, points are for track use, and when i have to handle and want to stay in the sea.. for streat use i will have the stock belts anyway.
Cool I look forward to seeing how the evo2 will be mounted.

I meant that 4 point's are rather dangerous for street or the track. If you're talking about road racing 5 points are a much better option and 6 and 7 points are ideal. Without the sub strap the lap belts ride up due to the tension from the shoulder straps. If you have an accident there is a chance of sliding under the belts, if you're lucky enough to not slip underneath you run the risk of cracking ribs and/or serious internal damage.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:43 PM
12 Second Club

Cool I look forward to seeing how the evo2 will be mounted.

I meant that 4 point's are rather dangerous for street or the track. If you're talking about road racing 5 points are a much better option and 6 and 7 points are ideal. Without the sub strap the lap belts ride up due to the tension from the shoulder straps. If you have an accident there is a chance of sliding under the belts, if you're lucky enough to not slip underneath you run the risk of cracking ribs and/or serious internal damage.
Yes 5 -67 point are beter. But what you state would happen with 4 points wold aslo happen with 3 points as well. But i get the point.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by The Crazy Sweed
Yes 5 -67 point are beter. But what you state would happen with 4 points wold aslo happen with 3 points as well. But i get the point.
Yeah I wouldn't ever use 3 points (non stock type) either for the same reasoning. Anyway I was just trying to offer some friendly safety advice, keep me posted on the seat install.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:04 PM
12 Second Club

winter sucks...snow sucks...ohio sucks...
Old 10-13-2008, 07:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

not looking forward to winter.. last winter was the first winter i stored the car (well techinically the winter before but that was because i was 1800 mi away from it, it was in phoenix and i was back here in indiana) so last winter i put it away in early november before the first snow. its now 14 years old and has never seen snow (other than something similar to what the OP posted while it was parked in north carolina outside overnight when the original owner was at a a friends house or something, but it all melted by noon)

i would drive mine if we just got light snow here and there but in nw indiana they love to SALT everything and i like the fact that my 14 year old car is rust free (my undercarriage is very clean for being that old, the 5w30 rust proofing helped a lot the last few years, aka the LT1 intake manifold gasket leak, lol)

since i'm not working right now, i myself might hibernate along with the car all winter, lol
Old 10-13-2008, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

yubb.. winter mode on..

Old 10-14-2008, 02:55 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah I wouldn't ever use 3 points (non stock type) either for the same reasoning. Anyway I was just trying to offer some friendly safety advice, keep me posted on the seat install.
neder would i. we will se what belts i endup with. but thanks for the advice! I raly apriciate it. If i seam harsh that might be because I am farern And i promise I will keep you posted
Old 10-14-2008, 03:00 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1995blacktattop
not looking forward to winter.. last winter was the first winter i stored the car (well techinically the winter before but that was because i was 1800 mi away from it, it was in phoenix and i was back here in indiana) so last winter i put it away in early november before the first snow. its now 14 years old and has never seen snow (other than something similar to what the OP posted while it was parked in north carolina outside overnight when the original owner was at a a friends house or something, but it all melted by noon)

i would drive mine if we just got light snow here and there but in nw indiana they love to SALT everything and i like the fact that my 14 year old car is rust free (my undercarriage is very clean for being that old, the 5w30 rust proofing helped a lot the last few years, aka the LT1 intake manifold gasket leak, lol)

since i'm not working right now, i myself might hibernate along with the car all winter, lol
Okay sweet! I presume my car never had seen snow befor I brought it here.. But lucky me we have no salt on our roads but they always sand our roads, so Its easy to get chips and dents in the paint. Wich i al ready have gotten since our roads sucks!!

Be sure to park it away when you have salt.. dam that eats the car like water in suggar...
Old 10-14-2008, 03:12 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Thule
yubb.. winter mode on..
Have you had any snow yet over there?

So is the car working now?
Old 10-14-2008, 06:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

whe had snow for 2days, but i usualy just rains here past christmas, then maybe 2-3 motnhs of winter and then its starts to rain agen, kinda depressing climate!

but i used to live on the western part of the country, there you woke up some days and where stuck in your house because it had snowed over the roof, i drove a big block 2nd gen then. in that conditions, kinda hardcore

no man, my ECU and more are still in the US, and because of the huge finance crisis over here i'll have to wait for some time,

i i thinking about moving over to sweeden.. no joke

you camaro looks killer!
Old 10-15-2008, 11:05 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Thule
whe had snow for 2days, but i usualy just rains here past christmas, then maybe 2-3 motnhs of winter and then its starts to rain agen, kinda depressing climate!

but i used to live on the western part of the country, there you woke up some days and where stuck in your house because it had snowed over the roof, i drove a big block 2nd gen then. in that conditions, kinda hardcore

no man, my ECU and more are still in the US, and because of the huge finance crisis over here i'll have to wait for some time,

i i thinking about moving over to sweeden.. no joke

you camaro looks killer!
Okay that sounds like the midle parts of sweden to me.. and thats the same latitude as well. Okay so you have more snow in the west?

Yes I have heard allot about your crisis.. its pretty bad from what I have heard. One of the countrys that have ben struck worst by the crysis.

Do so! I could maby get you a jobb especially if you got a driving licence for big trucks/lorrys. House prices are pretty decent here as well.. but then you have to live with the long and cold winters..

Cheers!
Old 10-15-2008, 11:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by reject
my ***** are sticking to my legs, that's now nice and warm it is today Texas winters always kick ***!
See what your missing Sweed ^. Move to to good ol south of the USA.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:32 AM
On The Tree

Winter? I honestly dont think i've really experienced a "REAL" winter in Texas. I wear shorts in January sometimes.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:40 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ice78Transam
See what your missing Sweed ^. Move to to good ol south of the USA.
Yes I migth have to!! Damn you!

blackesteyes8696: You lucky bastad!! You want to change? in january i usaly wear at least 3 pair of difernt shirts 3 pair of pants and on topp of that a thick winter jacket.. thick gloves and a beene... but thats just when I am supose to stay outside for a while.. otherwise I just jump into my car that have ben pre heeted, and drive to work in my ordinary clotes..
Old 10-15-2008, 03:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Haha double layer's of clothes is always a must in winter. I know how that goes, it get's like -10 to -15 below in upstate ny sometimes but summer is usually beautiful unlike florida or texas where it's waaaay too hot.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

SNOW!! What! WHERE!!???! I can't wait for the snow! Being my Camaro is my only car she gets driven year round. But only being a V6 helps a bit. It doesn't hold value as well as yours and I'm not pushing 430RWHP through 6" of fresh powder either.

It's fun going to work in the winter time around here. We'll get 9" of snow overnight and still have to go to work in the morning. I'm going down major roads at 40mph passing 4wd Trucks and SUV's (thanks to Nokian NRW tires). People at work always asking how I drive it to work in this much snow. I say "sideways".

And it's always fun going snowboarding and taking my car to the slopes. I always get at least a few looks pulling up in my car when everyone else has their big spacious Trucks and I can fit 2 people, 2 boards, and all the gear in my car.

Of course there are down sides to snow. SALT!! That crap sticks to your car like a magnet. And then it'll stay below freezing for days on end so you can't even wet the car down to get the salt off 'cause you'll freeze your doors shut. Case in point:

10.5" of snow fell one night. I had to get a pic.

Before:

After 45 minutes of cleaning:

Last edited by Lotus289; 10-15-2008 at 04:12 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i can't wait to drive this winter. i hope i see some decent snow. its fun to play in. gotta get some tires and throw on my ss ten spokes i blacked out.