Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Is this anybodies? I want one!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 08:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dragonZ28
That is just ridiculous, and illegal.
Unfortunately, that isn't true. SLP did not own the rights to the "Firehawk" logo until August 13, 2008. This was made in June.

EDIT: And as far as I understand, that is just the application date and the USPO quotes the current status as:
Current Status: Newly filed application, not yet assigned to an examining attorney.
Transformed into a National Application: No
I am not a lawyer and could be wrong, but that's how I see it.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:44 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joshu
Unfortunately, that isn't true. SLP did not own the rights to the "Firehawk" logo until August 13, 2008. This was made in June.

EDIT: And as far as I understand, that is just the application date and the USPO quotes the current status as:

I am not a lawyer and could be wrong, but that's how I see it.
SLP owns the script. Bridgestone/Firestone owns the bird logo. That's what I have been told by someone who owns one of those 2 businesses. Maybe SLP bought the logo or something, but it doesn't change the fact that someone owned it and currently does own it. I am 100% positive it isn't free domain - there is a trademark holder just like there is for 99% of the other things that guy makes.

Last edited by dragonZ28; 10-19-2008 at 09:57 PM.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

SLP owns the script. Bridgestone/Firestone owns the bird logo. That's what I have been told by someone who owns one of those 2 businesses. Maybe SLP bought the logo or something, but it doesn't change the fact that someone owned it and currently does own it. I am 100% positive it isn't free domain - there is a trademark holder just like there is for 99% of the other things that guy makes.
Oh well, as long as he doesn't get busted before I order mine...Not to mention, I think he changes them ever so slightly so its not illegal. I'm not sure, but as many as TSS has made, I would think he would have been stopped by now.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:25 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by squee
Oh well, as long as he doesn't get busted before I order mine...Not to mention, I think he changes them ever so slightly so its not illegal. I'm not sure, but as many as TSS has made, I would think he would have been stopped by now.
I'll stay out of this thread after this post, but making slight alterations does not make any less illegal. If it even closely resembles any trademarked logo, it is still considered infringement. Buyer beware - his shipping times are becoming longer and longer, and I promise it's not due to volume. Like I said earlier, I know that someone (I won't say names) has been issued letters of C&D and is completely ignoring them. This problem is growing underneath him, and he needs to heed the warning. If you get a C&D order, you had better stop and comply - ignoring them will not make them disappear. If that someone reads this, I suggest he take my advice and comply with their demands
Old 10-20-2008, 12:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'll stay out of this thread after this post, but making slight alterations does not make any less illegal. If it even closely resembles any trademarked logo, it is still considered infringement. Buyer beware - his shipping times are becoming longer and longer, and I promise it's not due to volume. Like I said earlier, I know that someone (I won't say names) has been issued letters of C&D and is completely ignoring them. This problem is growing underneath him, and he needs to heed the warning. If you get a C&D order, you had better stop and comply - ignoring them will not make them disappear. If that someone reads this, I suggest he take my advice and comply with their demands
I understand exactly what you mean. Just wondering, but what exactly is a C&D?
Old 10-20-2008, 04:42 AM
TECH Regular

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by squee
I understand exactly what you mean. Just wondering, but what exactly is a C&D?
Cease and desist.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Joshu
Cease and desist.
That makes sense...lol

Quick Reply: Is this anybodies? I want one!!