Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

The RKSport Carbon Fiber kit.....here we go...

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005 | 02:08 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sucks just paying $400 and hearing these stories now though, I hope my dash it doesn't discolor...
Old 04-16-2005 | 10:11 AM
Third Chrome Wheel Director

Originally Posted by ZULater01
It sucks just paying $400 and hearing these stories now though, I hope my dash it doesn't discolor...
Actually the pieces don't discolor over time, at least the interior ones, what has changed is the color or brand of the epoxy that Italy is using now on the pieces.....the original clear has turned more golden or green, as the case may be......they did have it right for awhile though as shown in all my dash pieces...
Old 04-16-2005 | 02:12 PM
12 Second Club

Here is my kit...Its on the second page.

Click Me, Second Page
Old 04-16-2005 | 03:14 PM
Launching!

blu beast- looks great. where did you find the white trans selector window?
Old 04-17-2005 | 08:57 PM

Here is my kit...Its on the second page.

Click Me, Second Page

I assume that yours is the RK set.....when did you get it?, it looks clear and shiny to me, is that the case?....
Old 04-17-2005 | 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by willis 00
blu beast- looks great. where did you find the white trans selector window?

Thanks!, I believe it was from McEwen, it's an A4 Silver overlay.....
Old 04-17-2005 | 09:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i would like a golden colored set since my car is pewter, is there anyway of assuring the color when oredering?
Old 04-17-2005 | 09:07 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blu Beast
I assume that yours is the RK set.....when did you get it?, it looks clear and shiny to me, is that the case?....
Just ordered last week and got in on Friday...Mine looks like the old sets, so I am happy. I love it, I will be installing it next week hopefully...They forgot the glue, etc.
Old 04-18-2005 | 01:19 PM

Just ordered last week and got in on Friday...Mine looks like the old sets, so I am happy. I love it, I will be installing it next week hopefully...They forgot the glue, etc.

Outstanding, it looks just like it supposed to.......why?.......I just called to get my whole center console thing taken care of and was told the company in Italy that WAS doing them (poorly, and colorfully I might add) is no longer....."the waiting for product was too long", I was told, so now they have a new supplier, probably where they do all the other carbon fiber stuff for the other cars, so now, the kit looks like it should......congrats!....you'll enjoy it once you get the funky German glue...try not to sniff it too much!..LOL..

hopefully I will come to a resolution on my problem, if I do or don't, I will post the results.....
Old 04-18-2005 | 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by PSYKOZ28
I would like a golden colored set since my car is Pewter, is there anyway of assuring the color when ordering?

No, it's not supposed to be "Golden" or "Green" or any other color except clear.....what you want to see is the Carbon fiber, not some hue or shading making a color in the epoxy and changing the color of the CF from Black to whatever............however, if I solve my problem with them, and they replace my center console piece, I might be willing to give or sell cheap (if they charge me) the piece......just the console though, and if your an auto....
Old 04-18-2005 | 03:25 PM
TECH Resident

Here's a couple pics of my RKsport CF dash kit. Got mine a few years ago now. Color of all the pieces matches perfectly & no yellow/green tint. I'm very happy w/it. I get a ton of compliments on it & last year I won Best Interior-Modified at the Camaro Superfest
I hope the kit is still as high-quality as the one I have.
Attached Thumbnails The RKSport Carbon Fiber kit.....here we go...-cfint001.jpg   The RKSport Carbon Fiber kit.....here we go...-cfint002.jpg  
Old 04-18-2005 | 04:48 PM
12 Second Club

Mine has ITALY on the back, so unless the other supplier is in Italy its the same, hopeully the other supplier is in italy though.
Old 04-18-2005 | 05:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

What are the chances that I could get just a few of the parts from RK? I guess I'll have to send them an email. All I really want is the console since I have a TA
Old 04-19-2005 | 10:46 AM

ZU.......it's the same supplier, in fact, they are still working from whats left of the original 15 kits that they ordered 2 years ago.......

MANUAL KIT= nice clear/silver color

AUTOMATIC= crappy golden/green color

talked to a manager yesterday, they need to get the story straight.....all the have left of the auto kits (2) are pieces, aparently others had the same problem as me and they got parted out........

I'm now waiting for a call on IF they will resock in the future on these or let it die....F'N GREAT RK, good customer service!!......

01 Red WS6, call them up, sounds like they have parts if you have an auto and like the color gold/green....
Old 04-19-2005 | 01:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

I've got a M6 so I the auto won't work. I'll call them later and see what happens
Old 04-19-2005 | 01:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blu Beast
ZU.......it's the same supplier, in fact, they are still working from whats left of the original 15 kits that they ordered 2 years ago.......

MANUAL KIT= nice clear/silver color

AUTOMATIC= crappy golden/green color

talked to a manager yesterday, they need to get the story straight.....all the have left of the auto kits (2) are pieces, aparently others had the same problem as me and they got parted out........

I'm now waiting for a call on IF they will resock in the future on these or let it die....F'N GREAT RK, good customer service!!......

01 Red WS6, call them up, sounds like they have parts if you have an auto and like the color gold/green....

Hey man. Try to talk to Mo.....he is the one I have dealt with and had great luck with so far!! Only problem I had was one piece was cracked. I had to BUY another one and wait 3 weeks to get my money refunded for the cracked piece.

Mine is golden also, but not too much....Let me try to dig up a pic. i was OK happy with it until I saw ZULaters...Thats the way it SHOULD be. So, add me to the list of getting golden CF I have left a message with MO. We will see what happens.

Anyone with a Pewter car wanna trade?? It would look awesome

Chris

Last edited by NufNuffZ28; 04-19-2005 at 02:17 PM.
Old 04-19-2005 | 01:51 PM
12 Second Club

Nuf: Who did your seats? Any more pics? I want mine done two tone with red in the center. Thanks.
Old 04-19-2005 | 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nuf: Who did your seats? Any more pics? I want mine done two tone with red in the center. Thanks.

autoleathers. Like them a lot, Got one issue with them that they are currently talking with their warrenty department about, but like em overall!!

Ill try to find some pics.....BTW its black and stock 99 Grey in the center(I would say no perf if I was to do it again!!)

Chris
Old 04-19-2005 | 05:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

I talked to Wes at RK and he said they wouldn't sell the parts seperate. Oh well I guess I'll have to get the console custom wraped along with the other parts

nuf- I had a problem with autoleathers and I had the hardest time to warrenty the work. One of my covers wasn't made right and it wouldn't fit right at all. It took over a month to fix it and I had to fight everyday. They finally warrentied the work but it was a pain. Thats the last time I'll mess with them on covers. I haven't heard of many problems from thier work but I had a problem and they didn't want to help.
Old 04-20-2005 | 12:13 AM

Damn Nuf, that is Golden!!......"can't get enough of that super sugar Golden crisp".......LOL.......I feel for ya, Jim the customer service manager said it was done in "classic" style thats why it had the color tint instead of the Silver/Clear.....yea, what the **** ever!.......

he also said that's it, no more kits, once they sell out they won't order any more due to the "wait" and bla, bla......bla.......so thats it......were all screwed........

feels good huh?.........

Quick Reply: The RKSport Carbon Fiber kit.....here we go...