Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

LED Install help

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 02:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED Install help

Hey guys,
Bought the complete LED interior kit from a website (not sure if they are a sponsor or not, so PM me if you need the site). I found installation help for the guages, but nothing else. Just wondering if anyone has done this and if they could help by offering some install help or suggestions for the different sections.

This is the description off the site:
The kit includes 5 plug and play LED's that will swap out the Door Lights, HVAC, and Center Console. Each individual LED unit for the gauge cluster contians 5 super wide angle LED bulbs. 4 of the LED's on the unit are radially mounted 3mm LED's with 1 High Flux LED placed in the center. 6x additional, individual, LED's are included for the: headlight, asr, and fog switches. They are 20000mcd 5mm LEDs with correct resistors. 6 leds and resistors total (1 extra for any mess ups). The 6 additional, individual, LED's will require solder to install.

The guage won't be a problem, but the others I'm unsure of.

Thanks everyone and anyone who can offer some insight or assistance!
Old 12-08-2008, 05:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its pretty simple to get to all of those places,

For the hvac take off your plastic radio bezel and remove the two 9/32 screws holding the hvac panel on, and on the upper rear side of the panel there are two bulbs, just twist and they will come out, and I thnk the wire that connects them is blue and yellow but I could be wrong.

For the center console remove the two 9/32 screws under the coinholder (in the center console storage, coinholder just pulls out) and remove the shifter. The center console will slide up but you have to disconnect the cigarette lighter wiring. You have a M6 so im not sure where those lights would go, on an auto the shift indicator is lit, so idk about that one.

Door lights are easy, just take off the door panels and youll see the old bulb, but to remove it I think you have to use pliers (but tape on the ends so you dont break the bulb) and pull the bulb out. I could be wrong about this too but I remember hearing thats how its done...

As for the ASR and fog switches, im not sure if the bulbs are in the switches themselves or mounted above them. Shouldnt be too hard but it says you need to solder and attach the resistors, im not really sure how that kit is set up so I cant answer that.

PM the link to that kit and ill tell you what you need to do.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:34 AM
TECH Regular

PM sent. Thanks for the response!
Old 12-09-2008, 09:43 AM
TECH Resident

http://www.keliente.com/LED.htm
Old 12-09-2008, 11:14 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^There ya go.

Personally after buying from a source I can't list on here, I'd never buy the LED's I'd have to solder in. The only one you can't get away from doin that way is the headlight & TCS if your changing colors. The ones I bought just plug right in, doors & all.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:34 PM
TECH Regular

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...ew-thread.html

Quick Reply: LED Install help