Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Painting LS1

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok i didnt think so, but I know nothing about paint!
Old 12-14-2008, 05:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will be ok with a rattle can based paint, dont worry about using high temp paint theres no reason. It just depends wut kind of finish you are looking for? rattle can does look good/ and holds up if you take your time and clean the parts, prep, and paint in the right steps.other option is spraying with a gun. advantages imo are cleaner, glossier, and just alot better finish that will hold up better.

Cleaning, prep for any painting
1 we usually use purple cleaner w/ a acid brush clean parts
2 then red scotch brite the parts
3 wash with soap and water right before painting
4 Wipe down parts with Wax and Grease remover+ biggest enemy when painting is dirt grease = paint doesnt hold up or chips off
5. PAINT

rattle can....would primer parts first.......then base coat color of choice...followed w/ clear

auto motive paint/ gun..... Paint sealer.....Single stage(Base coat and clear mixed together..alot easier than base clear applications) or (normal base coat followed up with a final clear coat)

cost
rattle can 25-100$ depending on supplies..cleaner, scotch brite, masking tape, wax and grease remover ect

Paint- 50-200$ depends on supplies HVLP mini jet, cleaner, scotch brite, tape, paint thinner, wax and grease remover ect

All things are avaible at a parts store that does painting supplies, i go through napa myself
Old 02-17-2022, 07:47 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quick Reply: Painting LS1