Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Got my porter cable from topicare in

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 12:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Got my porter cable from topicare in

and i have a question. i got 2 orange pads, 1 white, and 1 blue. was i supposed to get a yellow pad instead of 2 orange pads?
Old 12-13-2008, 04:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by twitchtwice
and i have a question. i got 2 orange pads, 1 white, and 1 blue. was i supposed to get a yellow pad instead of 2 orange pads?

No. The kit comes with 2 orange pads. You can use one for "light" cutting with compound or swirl cutter. The other is great for removing polish/wax. Attach the orange pad and cover with a bonnet to remove polish/wax. I have the yellow pads if you need one. I used the orange pad with the swirl cutter on your car before. Then a coat of polish. The colors get confusing but you can check out Tropi-Care's website for a description on the pads.

Last edited by 99zee; 12-13-2008 at 05:35 PM.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:03 PM
12 Second Club

yeah. i thought for some reason you used them in stages with the polish/wax. thanks for clarifying.

orange for menzurnos(sp), yellow for swirl cutter, white for wax, blue for polish, then the bonnet to clean it up
Old 12-14-2008, 12:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 863 Likes on 659 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by twitchtwice
yeah. i thought for some reason you used them in stages with the polish/wax. thanks for clarifying.

orange for menzurnos(sp), yellow for swirl cutter, white for wax, blue for polish, then the bonnet to clean it up
'

WRONG,yellow or orange for cutting, white for polishing and blue for wax or sealant
Old 12-14-2008, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wannafbody
'

WRONG,yellow or orange for cutting, white for polishing and blue for wax or sealant

Correct. Start with orange and see if you fix the problem. If not move to the yellow. After that you can follow with the swirl cutter and orange pad. Once you are satified with the paint, move on to the polish/wax. Remember the white/blue pads have zero cutting ability. They are nice and soft and apply the final product very nicely but will not remove blemishes.

Quick Reply: Got my porter cable from topicare in