Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hurst Sidewinder Shift Knob

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 03:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hurst Sidewinder Shift ****

So I'm thinking of getting a shift **** with a button for my line lock and pretty much the only one is the Hurst Sidewinder. It looks pretty nice and has our shift pattern but I really wish they made one in black with the button.

Anyone use this or have an opinion on it?

Here's a link to it.
Hurst Sidewinder
Old 12-16-2008, 03:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It looks cool but I don't think I would use it for the line lock that's just me. But the **** is diffrent but when you think about it. It's not that bad of spot for the line lock.I just need to make up my mind lol..........
Old 12-16-2008, 03:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sway99bird
It looks cool but I don't think I would use it for the line lock that's just me. But the **** is diffrent but when you think about it. It's not that bad of spot for the line lock.I just need to make up my mind lol..........
I just don't like the idea of having to move my hands all over the place just for my line lock, it seems like the most convenient place to have it. I was thinking of saving it for nitrous, but they make ashtray plates for that.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:38 PM
TECH Addict

Good idea until it kicks on while going down the highway... if that's even possible? I for one don't like those kinda *****. I like the plain black leather "H" ****.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:52 PM
11 Second Club

I have one,its hooked up to my nitrous , works fine for me!
Old 12-16-2008, 01:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

nice idea, i dont like the ability to accidently touch it while normally driving, plus if your power shifting i got a whole hand on the front of the shifter, which is right on that button.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I might be wrong but don't you have to hit the brake pedal and then the button to lock the front wheels, or vise versa.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlkBird2000
Good idea until it kicks on while going down the highway... if that's even possible? I for one don't like those kinda *****. I like the plain black leather "H" ****.
I also like the black ***** more, and they even make a black **** with a button but not for F-Bodies.

Originally Posted by slick red z
I have one,its hooked up to my nitrous , works fine for me!
How hard was it to hide the cord coming down from the ball?

Originally Posted by MeangreenHD
nice idea, i dont like the ability to accidently touch it while normally driving, plus if your power shifting i got a whole hand on the front of the shifter, which is right on that button.
The SJM line lock kit has two switches, a regular one and a master switch. During regular driving you leave the master switch OFF and you could sit there and play with the button all day and not have to worry about anything.

Originally Posted by Dark SS
I might be wrong but don't you have to hit the brake pedal and then the button to lock the front wheels, or vise versa.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you press down the brake, then press the button while you have the brake down. I like the idea of not having to take my hand off my shifter to engage the line lock, but that's just me.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the sidewinder. I like the looks of it, and it feels great.

It's super easy to hide the wire, just tuck it down inside the shift boot. Super easy to do.

Unfortunately, I ended up screwing the **** down too tightly, and ended up pinching the wire, so I never had the opportunity to hook it up with my line lock. Not trying to say it was the product - it was just me being an idiot.

Old 12-16-2008, 04:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Spd-Kilz
I have the sidewinder. I like the looks of it, and it feels great.

It's super easy to hide the wire, just tuck it down inside the shift boot. Super easy to do.

Unfortunately, I ended up screwing the **** down too tightly, and ended up pinching the wire, so I never had the opportunity to hook it up with my line lock. Not trying to say it was the product - it was just me being an idiot.
I'll be careful when I'm screwing her...down.

Thank you for the picture. It looks like the button will fit perfectly between my thumb and pointy finger.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 800 Likes on 610 Posts

I think the sidewinder **** would work great with the ejection seat mod
Old 02-07-2009, 05:16 PM
TECH Addict

i'm planning on getting one of these to run my linelock. i have the SJM kit. i plan on taking my shifter out and boring a hole through the middle to run the wires inside the stick and come out towards the bottom, out of sight.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:41 PM
12 Second Club

I have a Hurst T handle with a button on it for my Line lock. Works great for me and is easy to use for launching. Old pic now you can not see the wire at all
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-09-2009, 10:59 PM
Teching In

Dave, do you happen to remember the model number (if that is indeed the 16M x 1.5 thread)? I get conflicting information from Summit, the Hurst site, etc. Been looking for the t-handle with button for a while.

Quick Reply: Hurst Sidewinder Shift Knob