Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Macewen MotorSports vs. Whitegauges Overlay Kits

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008 | 04:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Macewens are ok. I had one set and my buddy had a set. They didn't really line up that great on either of our cars considering they're 100+ dollars. I also had to **** and moan and wait months to get my parts. I got told they were shipped and they never were. They finally showed up but definitely not a pleasant experience. Oh every summer we had to take the overlays off and reset them cause the heat would cause the glue to get soft and droop down. I finally had to take them loose and super glue them on. Don't ever buy directly from Macewen and if the place you buy them from doesn't have them in stock you maybe waiting for a while. I've talked to several businesses that quit stocking them because Macewen was to tough to deal with and didn't ever get them any to stock.
On my 97+ Camaro I have NR auto's but they're a complete gauge face like 6 litereaters. If I was to do it again I'd look long and hard at his gauge faces or I'd go NR auto again.

Last edited by Z95m6; 12-25-2008 at 05:01 PM.
Old 12-25-2008 | 04:57 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

My Macewens are the ****. Silver cluster/HVAC/light panel. Probably the best interior mod I've done, besides my billet *****.

I've had them for probably 5 years.
Old 12-25-2008 | 07:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

6leaters overlays are sick! no rpm mark and no gay *** kmh marks! just clean. im selling my un installed silver macewens for a 6le checkered flag gauge with cutom lettering
Old 12-25-2008 | 08:34 PM
TECH Apprentice
15 Year Member

I ordered Macewen gauges like 3 years ago and never heard back from them, even after trying to contact them through email. Customer service sucks a fart. I ended up buying some white-faced gauges from another website (non-sponsored) and they look great. I just put some Brent Franker SS vinyl stickers on the tach. Nice little custom touch.

Quick Reply: Macewen MotorSports vs. Whitegauges Overlay Kits