Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

New Mecham Styled Tips and Blackbird Stripes

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 04:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default New Mecham Styled Tips and Blackbird Stripes

Hey guys, finally got my car back today and I got Pypes oval tips installed. Their pretty much the same thing as Mecham's. Sorry but by the time I got pics of the pipes it was already kinda dark out so i'll grab some more tomorrow.
I have before and after pics of the tips.. You can see them the best in the very last pic

I had blackbird stripes on the car previously but they were faded and looked kinda nasty so I got a new pair from Fourth Circle Designs (which are badass) and put them on. The old blackbird stripes were definitely on the car for at least a year, probably 2 so they were stuck on like ****. I used a heat lamp to heat them up real good and take the old ones off.

Tips

Pypes Ovals

Stripes!

You can see how my hood is oxidized/faded a bit (or whatever the hell it is, i'm hoping menzerna SIP and my PC will get it to new again)

I thought this was pretty damn funny.. i went to pick up my car at the shop, and this is what's next to me LOL..
You can see the tips well in this pic.

Old 12-30-2008, 05:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

I don't mean to be the picky one but tips look they are leaning to the right and whats up with your headlight. Other than those two minor adjustments your car is destined for greatness. Any plans for wheels?
Old 12-30-2008, 05:30 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
I don't mean to be the picky one but tips look they are leaning to the right and whats up with your headlight. Other than those two minor adjustments your car is destined for greatness. Any plans for wheels?
Glad i wasn't the only one who thought that. Everyone else said "they look fine!" but I thought they were leaning a bit. Whoever set up the exhaust piping made the pipes coming out of the muffler uneven, resulting in the tips being like that. As far as the driver's side headlight, the motor arm chewed up the stops, so when I turn the headlights off it doesn't stop in the right place. I usually wind them down the rest myself, but I didn't do that at the time. I gotta put some type of .. thing in there two lengthen the stop if you know what I mean.

And I don't have any money for wheels, but I have no problem with WS6 wheels anyway Everything is performance.. haha
Old 12-30-2008, 06:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 858 Likes on 657 Posts

Gotta love the Pypes tips.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:28 PM
11 Second Club

Thats crazy, looks just like my old t/a minus the wheels. Every little detail is the same down to the way you have the bird done on the front.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
I don't mean to be the picky one but tips look they are leaning to the right and whats up with your headlight. Other than those two minor adjustments your car is destined for greatness.
That's what I was gonna say.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 98 WS6
Glad i wasn't the only one who thought that. Everyone else said "they look fine!" but I thought they were leaning a bit. Whoever set up the exhaust piping made the pipes coming out of the muffler uneven, resulting in the tips being like that. As far as the driver's side headlight, the motor arm chewed up the stops, so when I turn the headlights off it doesn't stop in the right place. I usually wind them down the rest myself, but I didn't do that at the time. I gotta put some type of .. thing in there two lengthen the stop if you know what I mean.

And I don't have any money for wheels, but I have no problem with WS6 wheels anyway Everything is performance.. haha
Grab some black electrical tape and put a couple of wraps/turns on the arm with missing/damaged white stopper. Had to do that to mine after the stopper fell off, and has worked like a charm.

As for the rest of the car
Old 12-31-2008, 12:31 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stangkilr
Thats crazy, looks just like my old t/a minus the wheels. Every little detail is the same down to the way you have the bird done on the front.
Really? Haha that's crazy, this car has had 3 or 4 owners and it's been all over the east coast, I had someone find a video of it on youtube and go "That's my car!" Turns out he was the 2nd previous owner.. A lot of people set up their red WS6's like mine!

Originally Posted by Mustang5.Ohater
Grab some black electrical tape and put a couple of wraps/turns on the arm with missing/damaged white stopper. Had to do that to mine after the stopper fell off, and has worked like a charm.

As for the rest of the car
Thanks man, i'm gonna be PM'ing you on that for some clarification, I've seen your name in almost every "my headlight is fu*ked up" type thread haha.

Thanks for the compliments guys, and yes, gotta love these tips.
Anyone think I should remove the stainless fill ins in the rear and put in black?
I have no problem with the stainless, just don't know if the black would look better.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:48 AM
On The Tree

I am waiting for my blackbird stripes and nose bird to come in any day now, and after seeing what it looks like on your car I can't wait! (I've got a red WS6 too). As for the stainless letters, they look good but i think black will look better. That's what i've got and it will go with the red/black theme of your car.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:42 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 98 WS6
Thanks man, i'm gonna be PM'ing you on that for some clarification, I've seen your name in almost every "my headlight is fu*ked up" type thread haha.

Thanks for the compliments guys, and yes, gotta love these tips.
Anyone think I should remove the stainless fill ins in the rear and put in black?
I have no problem with the stainless, just don't know if the black would look better.
I went with the black overlays/fill-ins, I think they go better with our red/black theme
Old 12-31-2008, 10:11 AM
TECH Junkie

looks good
Old 12-31-2008, 11:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Breathtaker
That's what I was gonna say.
you sure got a thing for exhaust tips.....

car looks great, me love some blackbirdy stripes!
Old 12-31-2008, 11:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Why can't the manufacturer of the Blackbird stripes get them to fit the front better?!? 9 times out of 10 the stripes don't fit the same profile of the WS6 scoop. It would be simple to extend them a bit a allow the customer to trim to fit the scoop line.

I agree on the tip looking like it's tipped a bit too. Plus, I'd stick them back under another inch or so.

Nice improvements, keep it going!
Old 12-31-2008, 12:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

in my experience my checkered striped were more than long enough to go past the hood on both sides, they were 4-5" too long. i bought raptor stripes for a ws6 hood because i have a custom hood and needed a longer stripe. the front could have been trimmed to fit better imo. i screwed one up when i put mine one ever so slightly so i will be buying a new set come spring.

Quick Reply: New Mecham Styled Tips and Blackbird Stripes