Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Some engine appearance mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Some engine appearance mods

Well it is time to go back to college and I just barely got this winters project done. Anyway, Sean powder coated my valve covers, coil brackets, tb and maf and he also ported my tb I also swapped over to the ls6 pcv system. I will get the intake done one day. Also, I haven't actually cleaned the engine bay yet, but that will come one day.

Two questions though this mti lid does not fit very well, it wont stay clipped down, any suggestions. Secondly, the filter on the oil fill neck popped off after the first drive. Any suggests on keeping this in place?

I know this is not a tech section, but I figured I would just ask this here. When I started my car for the first time in a month it hesitated a sec and then fired it up. I let it warm up and then took it out for about 30 minutes. I realized I forgot to put the temp sensor back in, so I parked in the driveway and turned it out and plugged it in. I cleaned up the garage and then went to pull the car in and it wouldn't start. It cranked over but wouldn't fire. I realized one of the plugs was loose and I put it in. It started after, but now my check engine light is on. My check engine light has a history of going on and then off for no reason. I have gotten it checked several times and they said it didn't throw a code. Keep in mind, the whole time I had the car out, the check engine light did not come on. Only when I stopped for 20 minutes and then tried to start.

Alright sorry for the long post, this is a month worth of stuff.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:22 PM
Launching!

Lookin good. You should bust out with the simple green on the fender wells. but I know its hard to keep those areas clean on a daily driver.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:58 PM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks good, glad you like the parts I did

gotta get me that intake someday to finish everything off
Old 01-09-2009, 01:06 PM
TECH Addict

looks good, powder coat is a good choice. As far as ur lid goes...make sure its really seated properly. I know it sounds stupid but it seems that 90% of the time people have problems with the clamps coming off is because the lid istn seated properly. Im not sure about the code thing...but it prolly put up a SES code because u forgot the sensor..then when u plugged it back in it read it, adjusted, and turned off the SES code. Just a guess...im far from an expert with PCMS or anyhting electrical
Old 01-09-2009, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ya, I will clean the engine bay itself when it gets a bit warmer. I just finished because I did not get the ls6 pcv system until Wednesday and I had to go back to school today. Ya, the SES light is still on, but the car has had no problems starting up. Honestly, I am not too worried at this point as long as the car keeps starting because it seems to be running just fine. My ses light has a mind of its own. Although, I am getting a heinous vibration in 6th gear at lower rpms.

I know the pics are kind of crappy, but Sean does good work. It really looks a lot better in person and will look 100% better when I get it cleaned up and get some more of the parts painted. Thanks.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:18 AM
11 Second Club

i'll bet that your lid fitment problem isn't the lid at all. i've seen the same thing with my buddy's car. it's the smooth bellow you're using. it puts the inlet at a different angle. his did the exact same thing, and the lid snapped onto my car perfectly. take that bellow off and try to snap the lid on, it'll probably go right on. if it does, maybe try snapping the lid on first and then fighting the bellow on or something.

Quick Reply: Some engine appearance mods