Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

LED Gauge Cluster Lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2021, 06:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 836 Likes on 639 Posts

You may need to tweak the metal ends of the twist portion to make better contact.
Old 03-04-2022, 07:44 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Anyone have the part number for the 5 gauge cluster led bulbs from superbrightleds.com? I'm seeing several and don't know which is the right one to get, no hot spots of course. Also see some that come with the wedge base but that's not needed for the ls1 cluster right? The OE bulb should just pull out.

Pictures are so much better, top or bottom?

Last edited by Roarin_8; 03-04-2022 at 08:27 AM.
Old 03-04-2022, 02:48 PM
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Roarin_8
Anyone have the part number for the 5 gauge cluster led bulbs from superbrightleds.com? I'm seeing several and don't know which is the right one to get, no hot spots of course. Also see some that come with the wedge base but that's not needed for the ls1 cluster right? The OE bulb should just pull out.

Pictures are so much better, top or bottom?

I'm pretty sure I used the bottom version on mine and don't have noticeable hot spots unless you really, really look closely for it. The top version is the original style first introduced and people have used them as well in the past, but the lower one is a newer/brighter style (and by newer I mean probably came out about 10-years ago).

You are correct, the old glass bulbs pull out and you swap these in. If they don't turn on, rotate it 180 degrees and try again.

If you have a stock Camaro gauge cluster, keep in mind there is a blue film on the inside that will skew the light to a bluer color, so if you get the cool 6500k color your gauges will look closer to blue, but not a deep blue. Stock Firebirds have a red film, so a cool white led would look a little pink and a red led would be deep red.
Old 03-04-2022, 03:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by zfastss
I'm pretty sure I used the bottom version on mine and don't have noticeable hot spots unless you really, really look closely for it. The top version is the original style first introduced and people have used them as well in the past, but the lower one is a newer/brighter style (and by newer I mean probably came out about 10-years ago).

You are correct, the old glass bulbs pull out and you swap these in. If they don't turn on, rotate it 180 degrees and try again.

If you have a stock Camaro gauge cluster, keep in mind there is a blue film on the inside that will skew the light to a bluer color, so if you get the cool 6500k color your gauges will look closer to blue, but not a deep blue. Stock Firebirds have a red film, so a cool white led would look a little pink and a red led would be deep red.
Thanks I got the bottom bulbs in blue since my new gauge overlay comes in on Tuesday.

Quick Reply: LED Gauge Cluster Lights