Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny2tek
same here I just upgraded the beams
You threw me off there a bit. Whats with the name change
Old 01-28-2009, 08:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

got tired of it, and it was dumb

Last edited by Danny2tek; 01-28-2009 at 08:23 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I placed an order for the kit on Jan 27th which was last Tuesday and they told me I should get it by Friday if not then Monday which is today and they still have not come in!! Idk if i should call in the morning tomorrow or just wait to see if they come in tomorrow. For thoughs of you who ordered these how long did it take for you guys to get them? Then again I live in TX and they were shipped quite a diss away.....
Old 02-02-2009, 09:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

And is there any more updated pics you have Matt? have you replaced the bulbs w/ the hella H4 like you mentioned you wanted to?
Old 02-02-2009, 10:14 PM
On The Tree

$400+ for this kit seems way too much. You could probably build this kit for much cheaper. I imagine you could take the original sealed beam lamps, gut and modify them to fit an H4/H7 bulb and I'm sure you could find the wiring harness at any local junk yard. I remember seeing some kind of write up on this a few years back. Not sure where I saw it though.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:52 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by SINISTER-TA
I imagine you could take the original sealed beam lamps, gut and modify them to fit an H4/H7 bulb and I'm sure you could find the wiring harness at any local junk yard. I remember seeing some kind of write up on this a few years back. Not sure where I saw it though.
Been there. Done that. Its in the Lighting FAQ. Wasn't that great. Eventually got water in them and a melted bulb connector. I have projectors now. Funny thing is that for the price you guys are paying for this setup, you can have projectors and HID. My setup was roughly $460 when I first did it and you can repeat it for roughly $350 now.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:50 PM
Teching In

While I agree that the lights in the TA's aint that great if you think they are that bad you should make a few road trips in any old muscle car. Compared to all the ones I have been in ours are night and day lol.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just ordered four housings, two for now, two for back-up. My high beams are "good enough." I paid $293.30 shipped, $69.95 for each housing (bulb automatically included). Before I placed my order, the guy with whom I spoke said he has 73 left. I suppose they only have 69 now. They better be that awesome quality SilverFalconWs6 spoke of, or I'm gonna hunt him down!
Old 02-03-2009, 05:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Matt i forgot if you menioned this or not. an you use the H7 housings? Or H4s only?
Old 02-09-2009, 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98legendws6
As far as the wiring goes. Since the H4 bulbs are dual filament. I have it set up exactly like stock. The low/high beam is on and the high beam only is off for low beam. The low/high beam is on and the high beam is on for high beam. The wiring harness uses 3 hella relays to allow for this.
My 4 lamp harness only has 2 relays...is this gonna be a problem?
Old 02-11-2009, 11:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by drain89
My 4 lamp harness only has 2 relays...is this gonna be a problem?
So does mine wtf!! Any up dates???? where did you mount the relays?
Old 02-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Teching In

Someone tell me if this is possible: Buy the conversion casing, to get rid of the sealed one, and put hids in it? Would that work?
Old 02-15-2009, 05:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kyoytey1693
Well I ordered some today. They definately are not offering a discount to us. Appparently there was a miscommunication...

Anyways 419.00 plus shipping. I can't wait to see how they look!

BTW - they have less than 70 left.

Well I finally got mine in 3 days ago. Yeah it took that long to get them and they shipped me the wrong lights. 2 of them are correct but the other 2 have the wrong adjustment screw locations. Man this really pisses me off. I have my car all tore apart to do this and now I have the wrong parts.

Also the instructions on where and which wires to splice into aren't clear at all. Can someone tell me exactly which wires to splice into.

Also, why is there 2 bulbs in each housing and 1 with 2 wires coming out of it? What do I do with those? I technically have 8 bulbs. 2 per housing???
Old 02-15-2009, 08:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by kyoytey1693

Well I finally got mine in 3 days ago. Yeah it took that long to get them and they shipped me the wrong lights. 2 of them are correct but the other 2 have the wrong adjustment screw locations. Man this really pisses me off. I have my car all tore apart to do this and now I have the wrong parts.

Also the instructions on where and which wires to splice into aren't clear at all. Can someone tell me exactly which wires to splice into.

Also, why is there 2 bulbs in each housing and 1 with 2 wires coming out of it? What do I do with those? I technically have 8 bulbs. 2 per housing???
I got the ones with the extra bulbs too, whats with that? Can you also post pics of the housings you have? Since I will not be able to look at my cars head lights for at least a month and want to ensure I was sent the right parts.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:59 PM
TECH Resident

Ok so I calmed down a little. I was able to make mine work with the old housings but I had to disassemble the new lights and mix and match the parts. It was easy but that wasn't part of the deal...

The extra bulbs are no big deal. They are about as bright as your dome light. They are a European requirement. You can take them out or leave them in. I am going to wire mine in for the hell of it.

I'm still not sure where to splice into my high and low beams. For now I have just plugged them into the old socket to test them but where are they actually supposed to splice in at?? Anyone???
Old 02-16-2009, 04:00 AM
TECH Addict

Sorry, but it makes me feel better that I went with the Eurolamps housings and H7 bulbs all those years back...
Old 02-16-2009, 08:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 862 Likes on 658 Posts

The small bulb is a day time running light.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98legendws6
Well the easiest thing to do if you have technical questions is to call and talk to Will at the phone number on the website. As far as pricing goes it really depends on what all you are wanting to swap. You could change out just your low/high beam. Or you could change out the Hi beam only. Or you could change out all 4. In addition one of the best upgrades is just installing the upgraded wiring harness. The new one can carry much more current than the factory wiring. Now on the subject of HIDs, no these are not HID's. You can run zenon or any H4 style bulb. But all of these HID aftermarket kits are not legal to drive with. If you pay attention all of the plug and play HID kits are made in China. The reason for this is they dont care about the federal regulations, and in reality the kits are not a true HID. For those kits there is actually a $6000 fine per bulb and balast that the US government could fine you. Now that being said i know there are tons of HID kits out there and i have some on my 300ztt. Now i dont know about everone else but i didnt want to purchase some of the HID projectors, and then have to mod everything up. Have to make a fiberglass shroud to make a clean install and still spend alot of time and money. I am replacing all 4 of the actual lights in the front of the car. The new housings will allow me to run any H4 style bulb which is the most widely used bulb type. I am upgrading my factory wiring harness that will carry more current SAFTLY for the higher wattage bulbs AND it is from a highly reputable company here in the US where if i have any problems they will take care of me. My order ended up being around $350 shipped. When it arrives i will be able to replace everything and have a much better lighting solution for the TA. If you want to see the product go to the website and go under the Hella section, and Headlight upgrades. It will explain to you some of the details on the page. The product you need is the 150mm. Ignore the pricing on the page because it is not the right price. Each of the new conversion lights is around $60 not the 200 something it says on the site. That is why i said just call and speak to Will and he will steer you in the right direction.

Matt
$350? wow talk about expensive. But to get better lighting than the HORRID Fbody lighting (Except LS1 camaros) almost anything is reasonable. I am installing a E46 BiXenon HID system into my 97 Camaro. Custom Fabbing is FUN.. when it goes easy. Otherwise its annoying. But when done I will know I made it happen.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:27 PM
TECH Resident

Well I got mine installed and adjusted. Definately not worth $400.00 + . On dim I don't see much difference. The brights are much better, however. But again still not worth the money.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Mine are getting installed soon. If they aren't much brighter an hid kit is going in the lows.

Quick Reply: Finally bright headlights for a T/A