Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

question about inner rear fenders? liner on both sides or just one?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 05:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default question about inner rear fenders? liner on both sides or just one?

so i took my car out today (i posted some pics in another thread) and unfortunately the roads weren't 100% salt free so i got a little bit of salt spray up in my fender wells and on my ground effects. while cleaning the inner fenders i noticed that my drivers side rear fender has some sort of plastic liner in it twords the back by the rear bumper but the passenger side does not. does this have to do with the spare tire being on the other side or is there supposed to be one on the passanger side too? the passanger side i'm assuming does not because when i feel around up there i can feel the metal outer part of the spare tire holder about where that plastic piece is on the other side. i'm just curious as i never noticed this before.

sorry for the bad pic but the cars in the garage and that isn't an easy angle to photograph with the wheel on. also the pic is sideways. the left side of the pic shows the tread from the left rear tire so that is down and right is up

Old 02-10-2009, 05:45 PM
12 Second Club

just on the drivers side to keep dirt away frm the fuel filler neck and to keep dirt away frm some cars that have the charcoal canister in that area
Old 02-10-2009, 05:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by nemss1
just on the drivers side to keep dirt away frm the fuel filler neck and to keep dirt away frm some cars that have the charcoal canister in that area

oh ok, thats what i figured, but i did have my bumper off a couple years ago for paint so i wasn't sure if maybe they forgot to put something back up there

Quick Reply: question about inner rear fenders? liner on both sides or just one?