Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

HID Fog light Run Around...

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 08:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blindxeyed
True.. but it won't cause someone to potentially run off the road now will it? You wanna keep on, go ahead.
Sure it will. It'll just take a very long time. No cats = increased Carbon Monoxide emissions. Carbon Monoxide kills slowly if breathed in over a long period in an enclosed area (car cabin..) which is why exhaust leaks are bad things to have leak into the cabin. It blocks the bodys ability to absorb oxygen. less oxygen for the body to function = bad juju. If they fall unconsious while driving its kinda deadly.

Although it'll take 30 minutes of assriding to get that much or maybe even longer. So the chance is zip unless you tolerate that.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man...some of the retarded sh*t I read on this board.

Anyone with longtubes who sits in their car, in their garage, with the door closed, deserves to checkout from CO poisoning. But on the road, it won't happen. Now sitting in traffic behind, say, a school bus or tractor trailer, that's something that I'm worried about; the second they hit the gas, me car is engulfed in black smoke. Now, a@@holes who run around in the dead of night down neighborhood streets (more so without cats), those are the ones who are being inconsiderate of others.

Now Nova, you spoke about blinding other drivers with really bright lights on...what about the cars around them...what, you didn't care if you blinded them too? Obviously not. And yes, I have my HIDs pointed down a bit to minimize interfering with drivers in front of me. Sure, I lose a couple feet worth of light beam...but it's safer AND I still have a helluvalot more light than the stockers.

And since I want to be thorough, aftermarket cat converters are technically not legal to put on your car; CARB converters are legal. But am I going to pay almost $1,000 for 2 CARB approved cats when I can pay $450 for a PAIR of aftermarket cats that are just as efficient? Hell no!
Old 02-20-2009, 12:23 AM
On The Tree

^^ You have a georgous car man.....would you mind sending me some pics of it.....i wanna see it with the splitter. sgt_crow@Hotmail.com

Thanks ahead of time. :-D (mabey with your hids on too if you have it)
Old 02-20-2009, 12:59 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by wannafbody
I do find it interesting, If the government is so concerned about aftermarket HID's that they haven't gone after Ebay and Ebay sellers.
There was a major crackdown in 2004. That is why they are all made in China now and marketed as off-road use (usually, some don't care and lie saying that they are DOT approved when they aren't).
Old 02-20-2009, 01:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vert_z
here in nc i cant even rip a wet fart without getting a ticket....i cant even imagine what cali is like
That would just about had me on the floor holding my sides... Man that is funny...
Old 02-20-2009, 01:23 AM
On The Tree

lol, according to your location.....you know what im saying.

For instance, i was bringing a friends car somewhere for him after it had been in storage for 8 months with him in Iraq......on the way doing him a favor, a trooper pulled me over and gave me a expired tag and tint ticket....i was like, ummmm, this isnt even my car. He said tough....what a dick. I hate troopers
Old 02-20-2009, 06:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thecobrahunter
Man...some of the retarded sh*t I read on this board.

Anyone with longtubes who sits in their car, in their garage, with the door closed, deserves to checkout from CO poisoning. But on the road, it won't happen. Now sitting in traffic behind, say, a school bus or tractor trailer, that's something that I'm worried about; the second they hit the gas, me car is engulfed in black smoke. Now, a@@holes who run around in the dead of night down neighborhood streets (more so without cats), those are the ones who are being inconsiderate of others.
That was a facetious bit of the post.
Now Nova, you spoke about blinding other drivers with really bright lights on...what about the cars around them...what, you didn't care if you blinded them too? Obviously not. And yes, I have my HIDs pointed down a bit to minimize interfering with drivers in front of me. Sure, I lose a couple feet worth of light beam...but it's safer AND I still have a helluvalot more light than the stockers.
Notice i said younger and dumber? That was when I was in High School, long since wised up. Kids in High School do not always do the smart things. Past has little to do with the current trend of poor decision making of putting HID bulbs into Halogen housings. You're hids are no safer because other drivers can't see where the road is when your blinding them.
And since I want to be thorough, aftermarket cat converters are technically not legal to put on your car; CARB converters are legal. But am I going to pay almost $1,000 for 2 CARB approved cats when I can pay $450 for a PAIR of aftermarket cats that are just as efficient? Hell no!
CARB is Calibanian only. They need a federal approval for the US. California can go get stuffed if you live in any of the other 49 states.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:24 AM
On The Tree

Are we seriously still talking about this. Damn....is this a car forum or a traffic court.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vert_z
Are we seriously still talking about this. Damn....is this a car forum or a traffic court.
Things should be done safely for all parties affected by it.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:39 PM
On The Tree

i agree.....but arguing post after post the same points when its obviously not going anywhere just becomes pointless and does nothing but gets you worked up. Thats the point im getting at
Old 02-20-2009, 06:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nova5
That's the keyword. They should be, there are millions of things that should be done that are not done. There is no point to this argument...
Old 02-20-2009, 07:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 846 Likes on 647 Posts

Originally Posted by Nova5
Yep, 150 HP max, no rwd, no drag radials, no loud exhausts, no window tint, no thumping sound systems
Old 02-20-2009, 07:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wannafbody
Yep, 150 HP max, no rwd, no drag radials, no loud exhausts, no window tint, no thumping sound systems
85HP max. why do you need to outrun a snail?
Old 02-20-2009, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had a "5000k" HID kit installed in the fog light housings of my trans am for a short period of time. Once one of my headlights stopped working, I was using only the fogs. I got flashed a few times. I know there was a lot of glare. I could see it when i had them pointed at a wall. But it was just an experiment really and it didnt last long.
That said, HIDs IN A HALOGEN REFLECTOR HOUSING IS FOOLISH AND ILLEGAL. Like someone else has already said, changing the lighting system of any car at all is illegal. But i doubt the guys who have actually installed a clean and proper projector setup in their cars would ever get hassled by a cop for it.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by michaelg589
I had a "5000k" HID kit installed in the fog light housings of my trans am for a short period of time. Once one of my headlights stopped working, I was using only the fogs. I got flashed a few times. I know there was a lot of glare. I could see it when i had them pointed at a wall. But it was just an experiment really and it didnt last long.
That said, HIDs IN A HALOGEN REFLECTOR HOUSING IS FOOLISH AND ILLEGAL. Like someone else has already said, changing the lighting system of any car at all is illegal. But i doubt the guys who have actually installed a clean and proper projector setup in their cars would ever get hassled by a cop for it.
Thats because we don't blind the cop. They really have no chance to tell what car just ripped past them at twice their speed was. 35+35/45+45/etc.

Got my wiring harness built. tomorrow i installl it and the covers that made it in today.midweek i should have the new tires/wheels so ic an drive my Z28 again. A slow as 2500 chevy pickup sucks in relation to its ability to press you back into your seat compaired to a Z28 Camaro.

BTW.. why the hell do i worry MORE about spelling AFTER i've got a good buzz than before?

Quick Reply: HID Fog light Run Around...