Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Here we go - the Muffinbuster countdown - new pics daily

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 06:30 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tspence45
I can't wait to get my new emblems. You make some pretty awesome stuff. My stainless "PONTIAC" letters on the back, along with the ZR1 style LS1 T/A emblem, and red Trans Am overlays should really enhance the look of my car. I'll be sure to post up some pics when they arrive.
Your items may be arriving to you today.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:55 PM
Teching In

I finally got around to checking the mail today, some of you may appreciate the nose emblem more than others. I think I may get two more Z28 emblems for the sides but I would have to see if I could shave off about half the acrylic it just sticks out too far as is. Expect some mounted pics this weekend. Pictures really don't do these things justice you have to see them in person to realize just how good they look.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:36 PM
TECH Addict

^^^ Those are nice and i agree with you, you really have to see the emblems in person. Pics just dont do them justice.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:39 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by localmoron
I finally got around to checking the mail today, some of you may appreciate the nose emblem more than others. I think I may get two more Z28 emblems for the sides but I would have to see if I could shave off about half the acrylic it just sticks out too far as is. Expect some mounted pics this weekend. Pictures really don't do these things justice you have to see them in person to realize just how good they look.

Why did you have him put a pork chop on your nose emblem?!?!?

Just kidding ! They look AWESOME by the way !!!
Old 09-01-2009, 11:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

i think i might def have to get that zr1 z28 emblem with the 35th anniversary on it for my 02 z that is sick, i would like three, but they are alot for one , make some kinda package at a discount? lol just throwing some thoughts out there
Old 09-02-2009, 06:18 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by z28camaross2
i think i might def have to get that zr1 z28 emblem with the 35th anniversary on it for my 02 z that is sick, i would like three, but they are alot for one , make some kinda package at a discount? lol just throwing some thoughts out there

The ZR1's take a lot of work to make. Also if you compare our real stainless item to "another" copied look alike out of all plastic. You will not say ours our expensive. We are at least $20-$25.00 less expensive on this item. The actual cost difference may even be higher, since he does not post his prices. We have purposely priced these where they are, to make it cost prohibitive for others to try to make it.
Honestly though, these are a very good deal for the material and the work that goes into them. If you want to put together some kind of package you want. Just send me the list. I will look at it.

Please let me know, Roger
Old 09-02-2009, 07:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

sorry about that, i know you guys have the best prices around and wasnt dissing your prices they are pretty great. im sure alot of work goes into those zr1 emblems, but i think i the package i would want would be the the filled z28 emblems in black with the 35th ANNIVERSARY on them at the bottom. and instead of the bowtie being filled black in the center, i think it would look cooler to have it etched out
Old 09-02-2009, 05:15 PM
Teching In

The ZR1 style emblems are very nice and well worth the price in my opinion. But I think they are a little too thick to go on the sides of the car as is, if the Acrylic under the stainless was about half the thickness it is now I think they would be good. There may be a reason for how thick it is and they have to be made this way I don't know. A few months ago I did suggest to Roger that they come up with a 35th Anniversary set but that would probably not be worth their time due to the limited number of cars it would apply to and we can get customized emblems anyway.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My emblems came today. They look awesome. I'll post some pics up later. Hopefully I'll get them on the car tomorrow afternoon.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:48 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by z28camaross2
sorry about that, i know you guys have the best prices around and wasnt dissing your prices they are pretty great. im sure alot of work goes into those zr1 emblems, but i think i the package i would want would be the the filled z28 emblems in black with the 35th ANNIVERSARY on them at the bottom. and instead of the bowtie being filled black in the center, i think it would look cooler to have it etched out
No problem,

We do sell the peices you listed, and the bowtie with no center as well.
I just think that customers should understand what our product costs, compared to a higher cost inferior product.

Thanks, Roger

Last edited by dragonZ28; 09-02-2009 at 11:18 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:51 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by localmoron
The ZR1 style emblems are very nice and well worth the price in my opinion. But I think they are a little too thick to go on the sides of the car as is, if the Acrylic under the stainless was about half the thickness it is now I think they would be good. There may be a reason for how thick it is and they have to be made this way I don't know. A few months ago I did suggest to Roger that they come up with a 35th Anniversary set but that would probably not be worth their time due to the limited number of cars it would apply to and we can get customized emblems anyway.

We have actually made some 35th anniversary pieces. Even made sets of them. However what we made, may not be what you are thinking about?
Thanks, Roger
Old 09-02-2009, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

i felt like sharing how i was using your emblems
made a copy of the shape
so that i can fill around it and then im going 2 pop it out and put the emblem in so it will sit flush

Old 09-02-2009, 09:32 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by slammed1500
i felt like sharing how i was using your emblems
made a copy of the shape
so that i can fill around it and then im going 2 pop it out and put the emblem in so it will sit flush

Certainly an original idea. Please post pics of the finished project.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:10 PM
Launching!

Hey, I am thinking about getting 2 side emblems and one rear emblem. I am thinking something like this for the rear, (keep in mind I drive a V6...):

http://www.emblempros.com/inc/sdetail/1277
But instead of "Z28" could you do "L36" with the L being black? And no text on bottom.

And for the side emblems:

http://www.emblempros.com/inc/sdetail/361
But with "L36" with the L being black?

My car is a bright rally red v6 hardtop but all the lights are blacked out. So do you guys think the stainless steel would look good with black inserts ontop of a red car? My tailights are blacked out except for the clear reverse light, so I think the stainless steel would pop nicely on the back. I have black inserts for "CAMARO" on the back already. Do you guys think the stainless steel ones offered by emblem pros with the inside being black would look better? And my headlights are whistlered, so I think the side emblems would still look good with the shiny silver left in the lights.

The only thing that worries me the most is that I dont have rims, so would stainless steel side emblems look ghetto? Keep in mind I keep my car VERY clean, so it already looks nice for a V6.

Please, if you guys think this is stupid for a V6, let me know lol. I thought it would be very different and make me not seem like every other V6 out there.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:21 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 00RedMaro
Hey, I am thinking about getting 2 side emblems and one rear emblem. I am thinking something like this for the rear, (keep in mind I drive a V6...):

http://www.emblempros.com/inc/sdetail/1277
But instead of "Z28" could you do "L36" with the L being black? And no text on bottom.

And for the side emblems:

But with "L36" with the L being black?

My car is a bright rally red v6 hardtop but all the lights are blacked out. So do you guys think the stainless steel would look good with black inserts ontop of a red car? My tailights are blacked out except for the clear reverse light, so I think the stainless steel would pop nicely on the back. I have black inserts for "CAMARO" on the back already. Do you guys think the stainless steel ones offered by emblem pros with the inside being black would look better? And my headlights are whistlered, so I think the side emblems would still look good with the shiny silver left in the lights.

The only thing that worries me the most is that I dont have rims, so would stainless steel side emblems look ghetto? Keep in mind I keep my car VERY clean, so it already looks nice for a V6.

Please, if you guys think this is stupid for a V6, let me know lol. I thought it would be very different and make me not seem like every other V6 out there.
You are pretty safe going wth black, it matches everything.
We can make these pieces as you have requested.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:28 PM
Launching!

do you think doing the stainless with black inserts would look better than doing black acrylic and leave inserts out to have the car color show through?
Old 09-03-2009, 03:14 PM
Launching!

Screw it, I want these hahaha! How much for the 3 designs I posted before, plus the stainless steel rear "CAMARO" lettering etched inside with black?

***EDIT:http://emblempros.com/inc/sdetail/1559
Could you do that one instead of the other one I said I wanted for the rear? I want it to say "L36", with Chevrolet on the top, and the L to be black.

So, I am wandering how much for 1 for the rear, saying "L36" and with Chevrolet on top with a black L:

http://emblempros.com/inc/sdetail/1559

And, 2 of these for the sides, but with "L36" instead of Z28, and the L being black:

How much for those 3? And then how much for those 3 plus the "CAMARO" stainless steel fill ins with black etching?

Last edited by 00RedMaro; 09-03-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:37 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 00RedMaro
Screw it, I want these hahaha! How much for the 3 designs I posted before, plus the stainless steel rear "CAMARO" lettering etched inside with black?

***EDIT:http://emblempros.com/inc/sdetail/1559
Could you do that one instead of the other one I said I wanted for the rear? I want it to say "L36", with Chevrolet on the top, and the L to be black.

So, I am wandering how much for 1 for the rear, saying "L36" and with Chevrolet on top with a black L:

http://emblempros.com/inc/sdetail/1559

And, 2 of these for the sides, but with "L36" instead of Z28, and the L being black:

How much for those 3? And then how much for those 3 plus the "CAMARO" stainless steel fill ins with black etching?
All of it would be $200.00 shipped.
The three alone would simply be the difference of the Camaro letters subtracted.

Thanks, Roger
Old 09-03-2009, 08:40 PM
On The Tree

Hey...did you ever finalize pricing and options (materials, colors, etc.) on the LT1 front bird?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...ls-inlays.html

I've checked your site weekly hoping it would show up...any news?
Old 09-03-2009, 09:58 PM
Launching!

Ok Roger, I'll have the money next Thursday, sorry, gotta go paycheck by paycheck lol.

Quick Reply: Here we go - the Muffinbuster countdown - new pics daily