Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What to do with my LT1???

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 06:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What to do with my LT1???

Well while the motor is being rebuilt i have the top end all sitting at the shop and i am wondering wat i should do with my appearance. Heres the pic of my motor in my truck and than I will let you know wat I am thinking of doing. Than let me know wat I can tweak, or wat would look better.

My motor block is being painted flat black. THe a/c compressor, alternator, alt. bracket, PS bracket, ect...will be flat black too.

So heres wat i am going to do, these are the valve covers i have going on it.
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

I am taking the top and leaving it polished and than from the sides down, will be Powdercoated black.

Than i am going to get these fuel rail covers, fiberglass over the ''corvette'' and either leave it blank or put something like ''lt1 powered''paint or powder coat them red. Than i am going to do the TB black to match the valve covers.

Now heres the thing, i dont know if i should do theintake red to match the FRC's or black to match the valve covers.

so wat do you all think? Need suggestions and help fast, motor should be ready for reassemble in a week or so.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:49 PM
TECH Junkie

why get aftermarket valve covers and have them powdercoated just to cover them up with frc's
Old 03-04-2009, 10:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02gtp4now
why get aftermarket valve covers and have them powdercoated just to cover them up with frc's
got the valve covers from a buddy fro 20 bux. Fuel rail covers would cover up alot of the little wires inbetween the intake and the valve covers and lastly, the fuel rail covers dont cover the valve covers

http://www.tycloness.com/images/updates/100_5168.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_i...3918_large.jpg
Old 03-04-2009, 10:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 02gtp4now
LT1 FRCs dont cover the valve covers like LS1 covers do. They are actually much cleaner than the LS1 covers...I would fill in the CORVETTE though and paint them.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:25 PM
TECH Addict

some sort of TB plate..tons of options out there.
you could polish the TB too
Old 03-04-2009, 10:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 97ramsst
LT1 FRCs dont cover the valve covers like LS1 covers do. They are actually much cleaner than the LS1 covers...I would fill in the CORVETTE though and paint them.
so you say no wording on the FRC's? And does everything else sound good? I wwant this engine bay clean as i can get it for being fuel injected.

Next winter i am getting a aftermarket polished overflow tank, removing the ugly stock one and mounting it to the radiator support, moving the batter to the rear bed, ditching the windshield washer tank, moving the computer to the passenger side, moving the PS resevior where the battery is now and that should uncluttter the bay up alot.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by z_speedfreak
some sort of TB plate..tons of options out there.
you could polish the TB too
polishd woudl take a bit of time wouldnt it? I have a sandblaster of sort, like the ones that u run ur air line, hook a vaccum up to to it and spray a gun at parts inside a 3x2 foot box. But after that, its alot of sanding, lol.

And the TB plate i forgot to mention is also coming, prbably going to get a polished one, with lt1 in red lettering on there.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:29 PM
scj
TECH Addict

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

first thing i would do would be cleaning up all that wire, and hiding as much of it as possible.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scj
first thing i would do would be cleaning up all that wire, and hiding as much of it as possible.
to tell you the truth, its about as cleaned up as the wiring harness will allow use to. The only thing i dont like that really bugs me is the ginourmous wiring looom that connects the computer. It was originally supposed to be ont he passenger side, but due to lack of space we had to cross it over tot he driver side, and it clutters up the firewall.

But i figred the FRC's would hide alot of the wireing and all.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

though looking at it, maybe i can get the three relays on the firewall relocated down near the back of the intake more to lower all those loose wires and all and clean up the firewall a bit. Than just have the wipermotor painted black too. how bout that?