Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

hidden/slick nitrous setups and gauges

Old 04-04-2009, 07:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default hidden/slick nitrous setups and gauges

hey guys i'm looking for ideas here. i would like to see some hidden nitrous setups and unique gauge locations. i would like someone to get in my car and have no idea there is N2O to play with

also, what is a good remote bottle opener to go with?

Last edited by sweetbmxrider; 04-04-2009 at 07:57 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dude, im at work right now so i cant really access all my pictures and stuff, but let me show you my set-up.. No guages hidden in my car but the nitrous setup isnt bad if I say so myself (wish i could take credit for it).
Don't have any really good pictures but enough to give you a good idea, also I'll be putting the main line back in this tues. or wed. so i'll snap some pics then too..
But, I'll get back to you with some pictures as soon as i get home..
Old 04-04-2009, 08:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go to emblempros.com

http://www.emblempros.com/interior_e..._apperance?b=1

They have it for stick and auto
Old 04-04-2009, 08:53 PM
TECH Addict

awesome can't wait to see it bill!

ddm, thanks man i ordered one from nitrous outlets soooo siiick!!!
Old 04-04-2009, 09:47 PM
TECH Resident

ok, here's the best i've got for now. Like I said tuesday or wednesday i'll get some more pics, better ones at that..
First pic shows the bottle, in the spare tire location...
2nd pic shows where the line actually goes on the car, first it goes out a hole just in front of the bottle to the inside of the wheel well, and follows the wheel well all the way down to underneath the car. When I say inside the wheel well, i mean on the gas tank side of it basically. You'll know what I mean if you take a look, and other pictures I'll post will show it better.

From there, it goes on top of the sub-frame connector (passenger side) all the way to the front of the car. From there it goes inside the engine bay, pretty close to the passenger side exhaust manifold. Once its inside the engine bay it's wrapped in about 5 ft of 3/8" fuel hose, and ran along all the existing wires. Just looks like a regular hose, can't tell otherwise.

From there it goes behind the pass side headlight behind the batt, and right in front of the radiator. The solenoid sits right between the batt an radiator, which also, unless your looking for, can't see. From there the rest of the line (no longer wrapped in hose) curves right up through a small hole cut for it to pass through the tray (right below the intake) and then connect to the intake, which you can see in the last pic.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to explain it the best I can. Like I said I'll get some better pics soon when I put the main line back in. Also, my arm switch is located in my ash tray..

EDIT: Just thought of something.. obviously from once it comes inside the engine bay, getting it to the intake is obviously going to be a little different on an LT1. I had a 97 V6 before the SS, so I remember pretty well, enough to get some good ideas on how you could pull it off.. but even still these pics should give you a decent idea.
Attached Thumbnails hidden/slick nitrous setups and gauges-bottle.jpg   hidden/slick nitrous setups and gauges-4.jpg   hidden/slick nitrous setups and gauges-2.jpg   hidden/slick nitrous setups and gauges-3.jpg  

Last edited by bill12690; 04-04-2009 at 10:14 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:09 PM
TECH Resident

just went outside and took a few quick pics at my arm switch in the ash tray. Sorry for the quality, its a little dark so I had to use a flashlight and they're phone pics.
Attached Thumbnails hidden/slick nitrous setups and gauges-closeoff.jpg   hidden/slick nitrous setups and gauges-closeon.jpg   hidden/slick nitrous setups and gauges-faron.jpg  

Last edited by bill12690; 04-04-2009 at 10:25 PM. Reason: i made went a contraction like an idiot. everyone, point and laugh..
Old 04-04-2009, 10:18 PM
TECH Addict

yo dude thats sick! definitely inspiring some ideas. i am going with the spare tire mount no doubt. i like the idea of running the line on top of the subframe connector, all the more reason to install them

http://www.nitrousforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127
thats pretty much my inspiration. i want to hide the noids a little better though. i need to figure out how to hide my trick performance v gauge and possibly a fuel pressure and trans temp gauge. thinkin the glove box, center console, or making a false wall in the cassette cubby. should be fun! i also have a manual timing controller and i think i might drill another hole in the ashtray plate so its all in one spot.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:36 PM
TECH Resident

yeah dude, definitely can have some fun with the install, it'll take time but all be worth it..
Pretty much all of my line is held in with small electrical ties, so its sturdy enough to leave in but easy to take out too. Certain parts (like the inside of the wheel well, and even on the heat shield by the passenger side cat) theres small holed drilled in the metal to tie the line to. Something else that'll be better described with pics.

I really would love to add a window switch and remote bottle opener to mine though.. That LT1's got a nice setup though. My bottle mount was basically a custom home built thing, but that one looks really nice..
Old 04-04-2009, 11:08 PM
TECH Addict

yeah i have a window switch on order too, that will go in the console or glove box. just need a remote bottle opener to complete it. hopin to grab a used one, damn things are expensive!
Old 04-04-2009, 11:12 PM
On The Tree

Yeah i got one for my cutout its a nice setup
Old 04-06-2009, 12:01 PM
TECH Addict

any others?
Old 04-06-2009, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Bill you have a sweet set up.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:50 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by sway99bird
Bill you have a sweet set up.
Thanks man, appreciate it..

Well, spent part of the day today putting the line and solenoid back in.. and took a bunch of pics. They're ok pics, would've been alot easier with a lift instead of ramps but oh well. I've got more pics than this, tried to pick out the main parts though since i took about 30 pics total. I've got them all in 1600x1200 resolution, so if anyone wants higher res/more pics, let me know. (i'm just on a slow connection right now, and let's just pretend my engine bay and the rest of my car are clean)
3/8" Fuel line, nitrous line, and solenoid..
showing how the solenoid sits..kinda
solenoid mounted
nitrous line, wrapped in fuel line
just another mysterious hose..
running down by the exhaust manifold
from underneath, by the cat
connected to the heat shield
a little further..
going from the heat shield to the sfc
running to the back of the car
at the wheel well
along the wheel well...
almost there
glory hole!
glory hole pt.2, from the inside
my bottle mount
the jet, with most of the intake back on
got the filter back on..
fuse, and slightly cleaner battery (and stupid non-hidden wiring)

Sorry for the long post guys...
Old 04-08-2009, 04:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

On my 94 I bought the regular donkey dong intake elbow and ran the lines and nozzle up that. 99% of people never saw it.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

My purge button :

Bent the locking arms on the holder so they wouldn't hold down the lighter, it pops out like a regular button now. I never use the lighter anyways, and there's another spot to recharge my ipod. Please excuse the rainbow clusterfuck of wires, lol.

Then I don't have foglights or traction control, so I'm gonna get those switches for system arm and the bottle heater. Dealership wanted $90 for both though, lol. I'm heading to the junk yard sometime soon.

And the bottle's in the spare tire well with the hatch speaker cut out so I can open it faster/check the pressure faster, lol. You'll know when you pop my hood though, nothing hidden there, lol.

Also, some ideas I've had for hidden stuff:
Trunk pop button - I don't have a trunk pop, and it's fine. You just have to turn the car off when you have to open the trunk, really no biggie. Make it useful.

Defroster - It's a switch that sticks in that you never accidentally hit (I don't at least). But, then you don't have a defroster button... lol

Side mirrors adjuster - Make them manual, how often do you change your side mirrors? Mine are manual, lol. I'm wondering how that thing works though. Should be good for something interesting though, right? Maybe "L mirror" could be bottle closed, and "R mirror" could be bottle open? Not sure exactly how that little thing works though.. lol

Hope it helps man. I love hidden ****.

Last edited by Texas 02 Z28; 04-08-2009 at 05:04 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:57 AM
TECH Addict

bill12690, that setup is so slick! thanks for all of the pics! really got my thinkin how i'll route it now.

madhatter, i was thinking about that. if i find an elbow for dirt cheap or free, i might just pick it up.

Texas 02 Z28, i was thinking the same thing with the speaker grill with the trunk pop, at least on my 95, you have to be in park or neutral only, running or not.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Could you maybe rig up the cigarette lighter for a purge? That would be pretty stealthy. (Edit, someone above already did it. Still a badass idea)
Maybe also incorporate the light switches on the rearview mirror for system arm / bottle heater. Those switches are 100% pointless, since you can turn on the lights with the dimmer switch. THAT, would be awesome...and is giving me an idea
Old 04-08-2009, 11:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For a gauge, you could mount it in your (pointless) cupholder, the cover it up with a 6LE cup holder delete when you're not using it!
Old 04-08-2009, 03:08 PM
TECH Addict

yeah i am thinking the 6le delete is the way to go with the gauge in the cubby. would still be easy to read and most people won't notice the difference maybe throw a bow tie die cut over it or something
Old 04-08-2009, 03:17 PM
TECH Addict

yea whoever designed that ****** cup holder there needs to be shot, but the stealth cup holder is awesome and amazes my friends lol. If i were to setup nitrous i would do it like bill did and then rig up a stealthy purge, like the cigarette lighter is a great idea.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: hidden/slick nitrous setups and gauges