Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

FAST intake hex bolts rusting?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 08:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FAST intake hex bolts rusting?

I was wondering if anyone else who has the FAST 90mm intake has this issue? I popped my hood yesterday to show a friends mom the engine bay and noticed that all the hex head bolts were rusting. Needless to say I was a little upset and embarassed.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by poncho2001
I was wondering if anyone else who has the FAST 90mm intake has this issue? I popped my hood yesterday to show a friends mom the engine bay and noticed that all the hex head bolts were rusting. Needless to say I was a little upset and embarassed.
Yeah that is a common problem. Mine are doing the same thing. I was pretty pissed too when I first saw it.

Now the FAST 92 comes with stainless hardware. Don't know why they didn't do that from the start.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can get a stainless bolt kit from thunder racing. Kit # 99-SS-FAST.

That replaces all the bolts on the intake, as well as the throttle body, and fuel rail bolts. I got mine a few years ago and they look great. Completely changes the look of the intake.

Here's mine before/after. It was more important to me since you can see my entire motor...tho I ended up covering them up with FRCs anyway...haha.

Only bad thing is...it makes all the other hardware on your motor look like doo doo. haha. Even the non-rusted bolts. They are alittle pricey, but I couldnt find them elsewhere for cheaper.

J.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Check with Fasten All. They can get them in stainless and they arent that expensive.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I checked with Fasten All. I even have an account with them. At the time, could be different now, they could get the hardware. However, you had to order strange quantities, and they were quite pricey. Also..the longer bolts were sketchy as to whether they were the right ones.

By the time you added up the nuts and washers in stainless and some shipping it was pretty expensive.

Again...that was a few years ago, so maybe the options with them have changed. Worth a try to go through them though.

J.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:03 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks for the reply's ppl I really appreciate it. And thanks to you ghettocruiser for that part #.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah the stainless is worth the money,ive got them on my new 383
Old 04-20-2009, 08:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ghettocruiser
I checked with Fasten All. I even have an account with them. At the time, could be different now, they could get the hardware. However, you had to order strange quantities, and they were quite pricey. Also..the longer bolts were sketchy as to whether they were the right ones.

By the time you added up the nuts and washers in stainless and some shipping it was pretty expensive.

Again...that was a few years ago, so maybe the options with them have changed. Worth a try to go through them though.

J.
I got the ones for my Weind intake from them. They had the ones for the fuel rails and all that in chrome but could only get the long ones in stainless so I got them and polished them. I GUESS the Weind and FAST are about the same size bolts????
Old 04-20-2009, 08:19 PM
11 Second Club

Might have to look into the stainless kit.

I called up COMP and they sent me a set of hex bolts for shipping only because mine were rusted out.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:18 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Luos
Might have to look into the stainless kit.

I called up COMP and they sent me a set of hex bolts for shipping only because mine were rusted out.
I'm in the same boat as you. Were the ones COMP sent you stainless? Any other info would be great.

Quick Reply: FAST intake hex bolts rusting?