Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Car cover...

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 07:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Car cover...

Should be less than a week now before I get my new baby...I'm gonna need a cover for it to keep the dust off of it while it's in the garage for the winter. What should I look for in a cover? Anybody prefer a particular model? If iI pick one up at walmart will I regret it? Anything else I should or shouldn't do to it before and while it's stored for the winter? Thanks,
Jay
Attached Thumbnails Car cover...-605395518.139882521.im1.main.565x421_a.565x377.jpg  
Old 10-30-2003, 08:50 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,059 Posts

I have been using my custom fit Covercraft Dustop cover for many years now. It's been perfect to the finish of the car and still looks like brand new. Should hold up for decades from what I've seen so far.

Here is the link to the cover I am using. This particular fabric is really for indoor only. It's built for maximum dust protection. http://www.covercraft.com/dustop®.htm
Old 10-30-2003, 10:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

how much is that cover? i bought a custom fit one for 275$ and it was the worse money i have sepnt on the car so far. it leaves blothces and spots all over the car. i am now keeping the car inside so i am lookin for more of a dust cover. very interested about that one.
Old 10-30-2003, 10:24 PM
TECH Resident

Here's from another post a couple days ago. That is mine in the pic. PM me if you need more info.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....12&postcount=6
Old 10-31-2003, 06:20 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,059 Posts

Arrow

Originally Posted by kulablkta
how much is that cover? i bought a custom fit one for 275$ and it was the worse money i have sepnt on the car so far. it leaves blothces and spots all over the car. i am now keeping the car inside so i am lookin for more of a dust cover. very interested about that one.
It was about the same price as yours, $275 or so. I really don't remember exactly, but it was under $300.

The cover itself never leaves any marks or blemishes at all. But I only use it indoors. One thing that I should mention though, if you get something like tree sap on your paint and don't fully clean it off before covering the car it will leave little blotches on the paint where the sap was/is. But the good news is none of the sap sticks to this cover, so once you clean the sap off the car you won't see the spots next time you use the cover.

Maybe sap is the reason your old cover was leaving those spots? Every cover I've ever had always leaves those little spots if there is any trace of tree sap left on the paint before covering...