Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

New SS Hood ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 07:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New SS Hood ???

Hi Gang,

Well, the Camaro has gone to the body shop. To get the new RK Sport SS hood fitted, painted and installed.

But, now I was talkin to a co-worker today after we drop the car off @ the shop and he's askin me if, I should need to think about gettin some lighter spring rate(?) shocks for the fiberglass hood. When I said, I really don't know. But, I haven't herd of anybody changing out the hood stunts(sp?) after swappin hoods.

So, I'm askin you guys that have swapped over to the f/g hoods. Did you have to swap out the shocks on the hood, too???

THanks in advance,
Don
SSilver 02 35th Ann'y Camaro Z28(gettin re-shot w/ SSilver Matalic and three coats of clear while installin the SS hood
Old 05-05-2009, 07:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've heard about people doing that and some manufacturers' recommending this, but my friends all have REALLY light SS lids with stock hood struts. Just be mindful when shutting it.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Staging Lane

I can do that!

I just looked thru the RKSport site and I don't even see the hood struts listed.

Thanks for the advive,
Don
Old 05-05-2009, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

how was the hoods fitment?
Old 05-06-2009, 04:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i got a fiberglass hood about a year ago, i have the stock hood struts, im just more careful when i close the hood
Old 05-06-2009, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

where did you get your hood from?
Old 05-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Rai
TECH Enthusiast

some fiberglass hoods develop dimples on the top of the hood due to the excessive pressure on the hood from the stockers.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:51 PM
Staging Lane

Not to fear, guys.

I e-mailed Sean over @ http://www.RKSports.com this morning and he told me a new set of lighter then stock struts should've came w/ the hood. So, I called the shop that is going to perform the fitment/painting. Where the hood was deliveried to from RK and Ray tells me yes the hood did come w/ a new set of hood struts

No, I haven't installed the hood, yet. Ray over @ Auto Styling ask me this morning. If, I was in a rush to get the car back. He said, he was kind of bowed up, right now. So, it may be a few more days before I get to see some progress on the fitment and repainting of the Z

Thanks again,
Don

Last edited by Don B 02 Z28; 05-06-2009 at 07:31 PM. Reason: mod. vendor link
Old 05-07-2009, 11:47 AM
Staging Lane

While we're on the subject, can someone tell me(or have a pix of) what the grill's appear is look like after the ugly black tag cover has been removed??? I'm going to have the black (tag holder) insert cover removed while I'm gettin the Z repainted.

What I'm really wantin to know is what it looks like once the black insert has been removed??? Does the facial behind the black insert have the 'CAMARO' on it also. Or was that facials that had been added on in order to replace the stock black insert???

Any suggestions or ideals.

Thanks in advance,
Don

Quick Reply: New SS Hood ???