Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

CME width

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 08:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default CME width

im going to be installing my CME in the next two weeks. i just briefly mocked it up tonight and i notice that the CME and the 90s were considerably wider than my basically stock magnaflow setup now. i dont think i can forced the 90s in the CME ne further. has anyone ever run into this problem? advice?
Old 05-08-2009, 07:04 PM
TECH Resident

wow you are exactly in the same boat i am. i need i think L bends (90 bends) to run from my magnaflow muffler to connect to the 90 bends that are connected to the cme. the 3" dual magnaflow tips come with the 90 bends already welded on them so they can just slip in and mount. it would be so much easier if i wasn't doing cme but you can't beat cme IMHO.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:11 PM
TECH Addict

they sell flexible exhaust tubing, might not be a bad idea to take a look at.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:43 PM
On The Tree

this sucks, i have the 2.5 inch magnaflows with the dual tips on each side. do you know where you can pick up the 90s to run off the magnaflow, i had my valence painted like two weeks ago and the flex thats in it only last about 4 weeks so im nervous im gonna get cracks if i dont get it on in time.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:01 PM
TECH Resident

my valence just got done a wk a ago. dude your scaring me lol. im going to call an exhaust shop tomorrow or monday if they're not open tommorrow. look up L bends on google they seem like what we would need but im not gonna chance it.

^^^i havent heard of adjustble exhaust wtf??? the piping i need has to be stainless because everything is stainless from the headers back including the cut out , cme and 90 bends
Old 05-08-2009, 09:14 PM
TECH Resident

http://www.stainlessworks.net/cart/i...75_476_247_389

just found this threw some diggin on google. give'm a call and post back here. ill give them a call to and post back here if i get any info. trying to see if they sell seperate pieces to make the connection to the 90 bends of the cme. is that the problem your having too?

Bingo! but more than likely are going to need to be cut and adjusted. im still gonna check with an exhuast shop first because these bends are expensive! i gotta check what the thickness is on the magnaflow so i know what to order on these single piece bends.
http://www.stainlessworks.net/cart/i...p?cPath=95_109
Old 05-08-2009, 09:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by airforcemanss
^^^i havent heard of adjustble exhaust wtf??? the piping i need has to be stainless because everything is stainless from the headers back including the cut out , cme and 90 bends
this is what i was thinking of http://www.jcwhitney.com/GARAGE-PRO-...2761_10101.jcw

the 90 degree elbows are pretty easy to get, just go to jegs or something
Old 05-09-2009, 08:05 AM
On The Tree

i think so, my problem is that the exhaust pipes i have on now are too close to eachother, from one exhaust pipe to the other. when i mocked up with my CME and the 90s it was a lot wider from one exhaust pipe to the other. i have to go to my sisters graduation in indiana today so ill be gone all weekend and im assuming they r closed on sunday but i will call their for sure monday and let u know what they say, thanks alot man
Old 05-09-2009, 10:09 AM
TECH Addict

take some pictures of your set up and pipes when you can, i want to try to get a better idea of this
Old 05-09-2009, 02:30 PM
TECH Addict

Why does everyone think that 90's will just fit perfectly? Just go to your muffler shop and they'll fab everything up and MAKE it WORK with your current exhaust system. It's that easy.

Here's a "not so good" pic of mine, but the far side has a bend to make it fit better. I run a loudmouth exhaust and STILL needed the 90's bent more. just make sure you get it all mandrel bent!

Old 05-09-2009, 03:17 PM
TECH Resident

thanks for the pics.

also, i forgot to mention, when you go to put the valence on i know you need 3m double sided tape but theres also some flaps in the middle of the valence where screws or something attach underneath for support in the middle. can anyone key in her on what size screws or things that you need to mount the valence in the middle?

btw my kooks and ory arrived today
Old 05-09-2009, 03:45 PM
TECH Addict

^^^ the center piece was help up by a "press in" body pin...kind of like the ones that hold your inner wheel well to your fender.....but a bolt, nut and washer can accomplish the same trick.

By the way, does your valance not have double sided automotive tape on it already?
Old 05-09-2009, 04:02 PM
TECH Resident

^^^ i see. when i dropped the valence off to the guy i notice there was some spongy like sticky stuff inside the crease. i don't know if it's still useful? im picking up my valence on wed night so ill recheck. maybe i should go get some fresh double sided 3m tape so it's sticky,no?

btw, you car is my most favorite on this site. im debatin on doing the black with red manta (opposite color theme you have) maybe even a red splitter but who knows down the line.im in the process of doing bolt ons.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:17 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by airforcemanss
^^^ i see. when i dropped the valence off to the guy i notice there was some spongy like sticky stuff inside the crease. i don't know if it's still useful? im picking up my valence on wed night so ill recheck. maybe i should go get some fresh double sided 3m tape so it's sticky,no?

btw, you car is my most favorite on this site. im debatin on doing the black with red manta (opposite color theme you have) maybe even a red splitter but who knows down the line.im in the process of doing bolt ons.
Thanks for the kind words! If i had a black car, i'd do a manta in flat black...I think THAT looks the hottest, but painted red mantas on black cars look hot too!
Old 05-09-2009, 04:23 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Sommer86
Thanks for the kind words! If i had a black car, i'd do a manta in flat black...I think THAT looks the hottest, but painted red mantas on black cars look hot too!

that's actually what i was thinking, more than likely i will be doing a metallic silver or flat black theme when the time comes. im not ready to be changing out all the badges and little things. the hardest part is going to be wheels for the theme.

of course the red and black theme is the easiest with red ss badges already.
but that wouldn't be any fun now would it lol.

btw, in the post above, shoud i just get new 3m tape or do you think the old stuff on the valence is still good?

Quick Reply: CME width