Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

6LE Dual Exhaust Valance *Spy Shots*

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 12:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER

I just worked a deal with a certain company to carry what we tried at the shop as well
good, i might grab some from you later if it goes through
Old 05-19-2009, 12:55 AM
TECH Veteran

I think I'll be getting some c6 tips or corsa clones when i get this. I think they will be angled to fit more flush than those...
Old 05-19-2009, 01:00 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking good!
Old 05-19-2009, 01:07 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

im interested to see if this thread has any trolls that pop up like on mine. it seems they are attracted to threads related to 6LE
Old 05-19-2009, 02:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It looks pretty good, but I'd like to see the "inside" of the tips flush with the valence and then the face of the tips match the curve of the valence around to the outside edges. Its getting there though and I'm excited to see it all painted and finished. I'm actually debating the sale of my CME to go with this.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:46 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Alrighty, everyone has waited long enough...

Let me be the FIRST to say, I am not a fan of these tips with this valance. Since the openings are further out, the openings are curved and the tips are flat.

I had the valance made so that you could angle the tips and they would be flush on both sides with the valance or you could mount them recessed a little.

Both ways looked fine, I decided while mounting them to just "split the difference" for the best of both worlds and got the worst of both, IMO, instead.

Now, like Mike kept telling me, they still look good in person BUT I'm my own worst critic. It didn't help that Jose (my exhaust guy) has a set of tips similar to the Corsa Clones that I threw up in there and loved.

Bad news is I didn't give a **** about how these tips looks because I had already decided to take them off...

Good news is I decided I want, and want to sell, Corsa Clones now, lol. I always loved them on Trans-Am but thought they looked out of place on Camaros with nothing to frame them... Now they have something to frame them

Anyways, on to the real topic, the valance. This thing is AWESOME, fits great and there is no extra length on either side if you take your time and put it on right. Took Mike and I MAYBE 20 minutes and it looks great... Here's the pics (had to have tips cut off, valance put on, tips put back on, already had the dual exhaust)...

Pics during install...

This is how you do dual 3" with stock style suspension BTW...

For those with Corsa or similar tips...

Just thought this pointless sign was funny...

Last edited by 6LITEREATER; 05-19-2009 at 03:50 AM.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:50 AM
FormerVendor

Man, I like that look a lot.

I think they can be tweaked in the current form for a sleeker appearance.

Mark, would it be possible to make the valence a little lower so it goes flush with the bottom of the tips? And also, would it be possible to cut the tip opening on a curve to follow the rear valence piece? If you can do that, I'd honestly say it would be the best kit on the market, IMHO. I'm not saying that it doesn't look good because I think it does. I'm just asking if the extra machining would be possible for that more customized look.

Good job on that, BTW.

Old 05-19-2009, 02:50 AM
Banned

Now, pics you can actually see from outside...

Old 05-19-2009, 02:53 AM
Banned

To show I'm not bullshiting when I say it fits well (especially for a first out of the mold aftermarket piece)...

Old 05-19-2009, 02:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dragonZ28
Man, I like that look a lot.

I think they can be tweaked in the current form for a sleeker appearance.

Mark, would it be possible to make the valence a little lower so it goes flush with the bottom of the tips? And also, would it be possible to cut the tip opening on a curve to follow the rear valence piece? If you can do that, I'd honestly say it would be the best kit on the market, IMHO. I'm not saying that it doesn't look good because I think it does. I'm just asking if the extra machining would be possible for that more customized look.

Good job on that, BTW.

Much easier to change the tip than the valance at this point. The tips I am using are my 3", if you were to use the 2.5" it would look more like you want...

Not sure if my guy can make these slash cut, I already talked him into making them and haven't sold any other than a couple and I feel bad

Mike and I said the same thing though, slashed would look KILLER

Although, the tips fit the valance COMPLETELY flush if you just angle them...
Old 05-19-2009, 03:11 AM
FormerVendor

Much easier to change the tip than the valance at this point. The tips I am using are my 3", if you were to use the 2.5" it would look more like you want...

Not sure if my guy can make these slash cut, I already talked him into making them and haven't sold any other than a couple and I feel bad

Mike and I said the same thing though, slashed would look KILLER

Although, the tips fit the valance COMPLETELY flush if you just angle them...
Yeah, the diameter of the piping leading into the tip is why I suggested lowering the valence, but I see your point. The tips alone look kind of strange to me, but with that valence, you've got a winning combo. I think it will help you sell more of them.

To round the tips to the valence, all you'd have to do is mark the cut with a sharpie using a template, and cut it with a saw. Aluminum will cut pretty easily with a good blade. I know the cost would go up, but it would look awesome.

You should mold "6LE" into that valence, and I can provide you with stainless steel inserts for the recessions.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:13 AM
Banned

Yeah, the diameter of the piping leading into the tip is why I suggested lowering the valence, but I see your point. The tips alone look kind of strange to me, but with that valence, you've got a winning combo. I think it will help you sell more of them.

To round the tips to the valence, all you'd have to do is mark the cut with a sharpie using a template, and cut it with a saw. Aluminum will cut pretty easily with a good blade. I know the cost would go up, but it would look awesome.

You should mold "6LE" into that valence, and I can provide you with stainless steel inserts for the recessions.
Ha! Mike and I were just joking about the same thing earlier today

Tips are stainless so they are harder to cut but I'll ask the guy, maybe less of a big deal than I am making it...
Old 05-19-2009, 03:21 AM
TECH Addict

With corsa's tips, this thing'll give me a hard-on, lol....
Old 05-19-2009, 03:22 AM
FormerVendor

Ha! Mike and I were just joking about the same thing earlier today

Tips are stainless so they are harder to cut but I'll ask the guy, maybe less of a big deal than I am making it...
Hmm. I didn't realize they were stainless. It will be harder to cut - especially as thick as those are. Have you considered selling a polished version? It's a dirty job, but the end result will look awesome.

You could just have your waterjet guy cut the pieces to shape prior to welding. The sides would have to be done another way, but the flat pieces could be done like that. I know it is a lot more work and I don't know how feasible it is with your time, and current sales structure. You'd know a hell of a lot more than I would on your business, so I won't pretend to know it all. I get some wild suggestions myself that are incredibly out of this world, but to thsoe suggesting them, they may seem easy.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:23 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Sommer86
Honestly, I think Mark's look better with this valence. It looks awesome.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:34 AM
Banned

Hmm. I didn't realize they were stainless. It will be harder to cut - especially as thick as those are. Have you considered selling a polished version? It's a dirty job, but the end result will look awesome.

You could just have your waterjet guy cut the pieces to shape prior to welding. The sides would have to be done another way, but the flat pieces could be done like that. I know it is a lot more work and I don't know how feasible it is with your time, and current sales structure. You'd know a hell of a lot more than I would on your business, so I won't pretend to know it all. I get some wild suggestions myself that are incredibly out of this world, but to thsoe suggesting them, they may seem easy.
That is actually a lip I had added to them, to look like stock CME, they aren't that thick so it still could be done...
Old 05-19-2009, 03:35 AM
Banned

FYI, I already ordered my own Corsa Clones...

Old 05-19-2009, 03:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sommer86
You mean like the ones I sell now...

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...roducts_id=112

Vendor didn't cut me a break, I pay shipping BOTH ways and loose paypal fees but they are STILL cheap (compared to my other stuff), look good and come with my customer service

Nothing for me to really make money off of but I wanted to be able to offer them...
Old 05-19-2009, 04:00 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

FYI, I already ordered my own Corsa Clones...

idk if its the pics but they dont have the angle of corsas like mine do. and how does it feel to finally have a place for tips like us Trans Am guys have always had? oh and hearing your exhaust in person has officially made me commit to putting a LM1 resonator in place of my dynomax bullet
Old 05-19-2009, 04:02 AM
Banned

^^Just the pics...

I did my LM1s after Neil and Mike's cars

Quick Reply: 6LE Dual Exhaust Valance *Spy Shots*