Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Switch Panel, Painted Calipers, Random Photoshoot...... Plenty of Pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 10:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
Thanks Danny.

You and Brain need to get the same rims as me and youi need a WS6 hood and we could be tripletes here
I have had a WS9 hood sitting in the garage for 2 years (finally coming on in August) and my TTII's I'm thinking of powdercoating the spokes black
Old 05-20-2009, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking really good bro!!!
Old 05-20-2009, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was custom. I had a guy that does mustang switch panel do it for me
Did you wire it yourself?
Old 05-20-2009, 10:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueBird346
Did you wire it yourself?
I had my buddy help with the wiring
Old 05-20-2009, 10:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Danny2tek
I have had a WS9 hood sitting in the garage for 2 years (finally coming on in August) and my TTII's I'm thinking of powdercoating the spokes black
Nice, that will look good
Old 05-20-2009, 11:20 PM
11 Second Club

Jonas,

The car looks great!!!!

We'll have to get together for a photo session one of these days
Old 05-21-2009, 01:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Huggerorange73
Jonas,

The car looks great!!!!

We'll have to get together for a photo session one of these days
Yes Mike we will have to. I need to somehow get rid of some swirls that are in my paint..

I need a PC and bad
Old 05-21-2009, 01:26 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks Danny.

You and Brain need to get the same rims as me and youi need a WS6 hood and we could be tripletes here
LOL You have no idea how many people have spelled my name as "Brain" on birthday cards and letters

And yeah I know, I need new wheels. I'll borrow yours
Oh and for those swirls, use some Zaino
Old 05-21-2009, 01:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 98 WS6
LOL You have no idea how many people have spelled my name as "Brain" on birthday cards and letters

And yeah I know, I need new wheels. I'll borrow yours
Oh and for those swirls, use some Zaino
I just type to fast

Can you get zaino only online? Did you apply by hand and take off by hand? What do you recommend BRIAN
Old 05-21-2009, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Looks good Jonas, do you still talk to Chris S.? Haven't talked to him since I moved a while ago, but I'm still in the area if there's any get togethers going on. Nice bird, you've done a lot with it and all in good taste, I'm a fan. I Play softball on tues/thurs nights in lombard off of Finley a bit North of Butterfield Rd. not sure if you're close to that area.

-Mike
Old 05-21-2009, 01:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by MjMaro
Looks good Jonas, do you still talk to Chris S.? Haven't talked to him since I moved a while ago, but I'm still in the area if there's any get togethers going on. Nice bird, you've done a lot with it and all in good taste, I'm a fan. I Play softball on tues/thurs nights in lombard off of Finley a bit North of Butterfield Rd. not sure if you're close to that area.

-Mike
Hey Mike,

Yeah i talk to Chris, i jsut talked to him last week. Which reminds me i need to send him a text...

Thanks for the nice complimnets about my car, i try to keep it looking good I just need to get rid of some damn swirls

And that park your talking about is right down the street from me.. prolly like 5 mins or so.

And if there ever any get togethers i will let you know definately
Old 05-21-2009, 01:56 PM
11 Second Club

I just type to fast

Can you get zaino only online? Did you apply by hand and take off by hand? What do you recommend BRIAN
LOL. Yeah you can only get Zaino online. I applied it by hand, and took it off by hand. It's VERY easy to put on, and to take off, you use very little polish throughout the car. I believe Z5 Pro hides swirls and imperfections in dark colored cars, "without using cheap oils and fillers!" And then Z2 Pro is just the sex. Of course it probably wouldn't hurt to buff the car out beforehand. A lot of people say zaino isn't the best (im sure there's something better) but imo, I'd either use Zaino or Tropicare.

When I used it, I had buffed the car out beforehand with a PC (first time) and I still had some swirls when I was done so I was kinda upset. Then I applied Zaino and they were all gone
Old 05-21-2009, 02:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 98 WS6
LOL. Yeah you can only get Zaino online. I applied it by hand, and took it off by hand. It's VERY easy to put on, and to take off, you use very little polish throughout the car. I believe Z5 Pro hides swirls and imperfections in dark colored cars, "without using cheap oils and fillers!" And then Z2 Pro is just the sex. Of course it probably wouldn't hurt to buff the car out beforehand. A lot of people say zaino isn't the best (im sure there's something better) but imo, I'd either use Zaino or Tropicare.

When I used it, I had buffed the car out beforehand with a PC (first time) and I still had some swirls when I was done so I was kinda upset. Then I applied Zaino and they were all gone
What do you recommend for our color then? So if i were to wash the car with Dawn, dry it then what waxes would you recommend for gettign rid of the swirls and for giving a wet showroom look

Let me know BRAIN
Old 05-21-2009, 02:48 PM
11 Second Club

What do you recommend for our color then? So if i were to wash the car with Dawn, dry it then what waxes would you recommend for gettign rid of the swirls and for giving a wet showroom look

Let me know BRAIN
For the optimal showroom finish, I recommend getting 15 women in bikini's to wash the car for you while giggling in a comical manner.

Seeing as your wife probably wouldn't like that method, here's an alternative!

k, so without using a PC this is what I would recommend..

1. Wash with original blue dawn
2. Clay bar!
3. Wash again with regular car soap
4. Dry car, get the water out of those damn hatch spots and underneath the headlight covers..
5. Get your Zaino stuff, and mix the ZFX with your choice of polish (will explain more later)
6. Apply a few coats of Z5 Pro to hide imperfections and swirls. As you layer Z5, swirls start to "Disappear!" Voila!
7. After your happy with Z5, Zaino says to end with some Z2, Z2 Pro is the better choice of the polishes, so put maybe two coats of Z2 Pro on after your done.

I think those are the basics. If you get Z6 (gloss enhancer spray), spray some in between each coat of Z2 on the whole car (you don't HAVE to do this), and lightly mist your applicator pad to make the application better.

ZFX is a little dropper bottle that you mix in with your polish. ZFX will come with four 2 oz bottles. Basically, lets say your using Z5.. You put 2 oz. of Z5 into the smaller bottle, then you put as many drops of ZFX as recommended, it comes with instructions. The ZFX is a flash cure additive that allows you to put multiple coats on in one day, usually averaging it to dry in 20-30 minutes per coat.

So basically, what you'll need is:

Cotton Applicator Pads
Z2 Pro (initial polish)
Z5 Pro (to hide your swirls)
ZFX (for multiple coats)
Z6 (gloss enhancer spray, you don't NEED it though)

And I think that's it..? It gives you a rich, deep, glossy shine. It takes time but it'll be worth it.

www.zainostore.com

Old 05-21-2009, 03:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Nah, you need a Porter Cable. You will get no where near the same results by hand. I have one, - let me know if you want me to detail it.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:32 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile
Nah, you need a Porter Cable. You will get no where near the same results by hand. I have one, - let me know if you want me to detail it.
I was just giving him a process that would help hide a minimal amount of swirls, not a polish to remove them.

But agreed, if you have a lot of swirls, moderate severity, it's best you buff them out with some Menzerna SIP.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile
I just need one to borrow, i can detail it myself. Unless you want to help James
Old 05-21-2009, 04:22 PM

That looks great!! I like the switch panel look very unique, where did you get it?
Old 05-21-2009, 08:37 PM
TECH Addict

Looks good man.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Trev_SS
That looks great!! I like the switch panel look very unique, where did you get it?
Thanks. It is a custom piece 1 of 1

A guy that lives in TN made it for me. I am on a Mustang forum too, and i kept bothering him till he made it for me

He does this for a living. But only for stangs

Quick Reply: Switch Panel, Painted Calipers, Random Photoshoot...... Plenty of Pics