Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

What would you do to my Bird Appearance wise?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 11:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tint the tails, windows, side markers, NEW WHEELS!!! lower it, different tips, and paint that....dammit i 4get what its called. the panel betwwen the roof and the hatch black
Old 05-24-2009, 11:56 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^haha sail panel.
And has OP responded yet?
Old 05-25-2009, 12:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Jeez, some of you guys are listing every mod in the book lol. I don't know exactly what his "reasonable budget" is, but take it one step at a time.

First things first, I take back what I said about getting Z06 wheels. After seeing some more pics, personally I don't think I care for the C5-style Z06 wheels on Firebirds/TA's. I think you'd be better off with something else, whether it be gray or chrome/polished (or both, like if you go with TTII's). No black wheels though.

Honestly it really doesn't matter what wheels you get, ANYTHING will look better than those. I'm sorry but those might be the ugliest wheels I have ever seen on a 4th gen.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tbird31
I'm getting so tired of people saying TA front bumper, rear bumper, ground effects and hatch...basically telling you to turn your formula into a TA. It's a DAMN FORMULA. Put the TA hatch on it but leave the bumpers alone jesus.

My list would be in this order.

-wheels
-lower it
-TA hatch
-!moldings and !badges

Then move on to customizing the look. If you get TT2s like everyone and their brother suggests, paint the centers. If you get a wheel that will expose the caliper more, get a nice set of rotors and paint the calipers. Perhaps put a darker tint on the windows, I just love the blacked out look myself...

I'd definitely put the front license plate cover back on and perhaps throw an overlay on the bird, I hate the front plate law. I'd rather get a ticket then roll around without the cover. Otherwise just keep it clean. Everyone can attest that a clean stock car is WAY better then having a dirty ghetto looking hoopdy.

Ditto what he said.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

forget about putting any trans am parts on it. keep it a formula. nothing looks more retarded than mix matching trans am and formula parts.
but if you DO put a trans am hatch on it you have to get huge exhaust tips to make up for it.

get rid of the wheels ASAFP. pretty much any wheels would look better than what you have right now. since you already have a ram air hood, you could just put ws6 wheels on it. you dont see a whole lot of WS6 formulas driving around.

paint the roof and sail panel black.

lower it for sure.

take the stripes off the hood OR make new stripes that cover all of the scoops instead of just the top.

Last edited by rumblebox; 05-26-2009 at 05:00 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That hood without the spoiler looks mismatched. If you had a lower hood like the raptor, then the formula rear spoiler fits better.

I'm all for keeping it a formula (no gfx).

Also, how many people put SS spoilers on their Z? You dont hear anyone saying dont do it as long as they aren't calling it an SS.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

it's not about the name. it's about how it looks. formulas look wierd with a big spoiler and no GXF to match.

Quick Reply: What would you do to my Bird Appearance wise?